Longer battles for naval

25 min is a bit short for naval I think , most games don’t end naturally.

There is EC for that.
Most random battles would fizzle out into just a couple of players left wandering around looking for each after 20 min. me thinks…

I’ve only seen Encounter battles be terminated by the timer. Those probably can be extended by another 5 to 10 minutes; more than that and there probably won’t be any players left on the losing team, just the winning team farming the bots.

I mean true, but the wait to get into EC battles just meant I seldom get one. (for some reason I always have to wait 10min+to get into one)

I’d wish we could get the old 45 mins timer back on all maps/ mode types in NF as on some maps & specifically encounter mode type it can take you 25 minutes just to reach a firing position on the convoy of Goldenfels’s especially in RB, Exhibit A: South Kvarken even with a 31kt destroyer like JDS Ayanami which is the example I’m using since it fits this case due to a recent battle as I snaked around the maps landmass avoiding a cruiser & finally getting a firing solution on the convoy annnnnnnnnnd the round ends as I’m dumping torps an unleashing devastation with the six Mk. 22 cannons an only sinking one Goldenfels.

2 Likes

I am inclined to agree if they make the map larger as well. I’m a fan of slower paced naval battles so having the time and space to maneuver would be great.

1 Like

Yeah, Encounter is borderline broken as a mode with the 25 minute limit, and I don’t mean that hyperbolically.

1 Like

Last time I played naval, I flanked in a cruiser, got 1 kill on a 6.3 battleship…and game is over

1 Like