Let us repair orange modules

Basically, title.

I don’t quite get the logic behind crews being able to fix virtually destroyed vehicles… but not a module that is damaged just enough to cripple its functionality but seemingly not enough for them to bother to repair it.

At these points, one would rather J-out than spend the rest of the match with crippled mobility because for whatever reason they can’t repair the engine until it’s completely destroyed, for example.

3 Likes

Why? Unrepairable modules don’t give penalties or they’d be repairable.

They give penalties once they are orange.

I just spent a whole match on a cripple Leopard 2A7V with “substantial drop in power” (copy-paste from the Wiki) because it was on this state and it didn’t let me repair it:

Module’s behaviour when taking damage
This module takes damage in a linear fashion. It is affected by any form of damage, and the greater the damage inflicted, the lower the effectiveness of the module.

2 Likes

Crew is still “orange” when fully healed, doesn’t give penalty tho.

As for “substantial drop in power”, you screenshot doesn’t tell me if your driver is in the loader or commander spot, and if that’s the case the crew swapping reduced your mobility, not the engine.

AKA: Too many variables in the screenshot.

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Ground_equipment_modules#Engine

This module takes damage in a linear fashion. It is affected by any form of damage, and the greater the damage inflicted, the lower the effectiveness of the module.

The dead commander also affected mobility, but so did the damaged engine.

Also I can add strange module repair priority. The crew literally fixing the engine or tracks first, but not the damaged cannon itself. I remember many times when this entailed the destruction of my own vehicle.

4 Likes

They fix everything at the same time. If you have 2 things that take 10 and 30 secs to repair, it will say you have a 30sec repair not 40sec. The 10sec repair will be fixed after 10 sec.

4 Likes

At least let us repair red tracks

A bit offtopic, but I feel like maybe the crews shouldnt be able to repair black(100% destroyed) modules back to full health. Let them fix them but only half-way to orange state, as should be expected from a quick field repair.

But I guess people wouldn’t want to drive a tank with 50% engine power for the rest of the match, so maybe they should still be allowed to fully repair them in a friendly cap circle.
What do you think?

We just got rid of wounded crewmembers, I would really like that they do not replace it with a different system that does nothing but make things more frustrating.

3 Likes

Not yet, but soon… next major update!

Can’t wait for it.

They implemented it, says it right in the Seek&Destroy update blog.

Oh! O.O

Well, how long does it take for the crew to heal, then? Because… I have never seen or noticed it so far xD

Not sure but it is pretty quick.

Also, keep in mind that while the model will still be a light yellow you won’t suffer any penalties when it is done healing.

I am OK with both ideas.

On one hand repairing stuff at full conditions is certainly better for the player, giving back full health to the tank for a fresh start.

On the other hand, having modules “partially” repaired (orange/yellow) is in line with the idea that the crew managed to get the module back in running condition but a full restoration requires more time and to be out of combat situations.

A good compromise would be fully repairing modules when done inside a friendly cap zone.

1 Like