Leopards and T-90M with spallliner take 0 damage to the side

The only way that’s getting fixed is a reduction of Turret Ring spall and Flak Vests. A Spall Liner wouldn’t help with that even if it had one installed.

I dont even think abrams have spall liner irl do I dont care if they will add IT or not.
Just fix the turret ring and make it smaller and maybe increase turret protection just a tiny bit by 10% mb so it would work better against top rounds if you are not aiming directly on enemy

They don’t, but they do have Flak Vests for the crew. That would essentially be a way to mimic a spall liner. If they want to go further, they could model the turret basket for extra effect.

Shoot it again in the same spot and it’ll go through. The spall liner isn’t permanent, it can (and does) get damaged. Find a teammate (or your squad mate) and double tap them for great hilarity.

Yeah they reduce but not 100% of small. Don’t be mad but I don’t think it’s fair to shoot tank side armour and need to aim carefully, one shot per one crew member because it isn’t an sniper rifle. In case of T-90M shot like this should destroy whole tank and make spallliner flying around the tank like a carpet. It definitely is something wrong sometimes. Sometimes DM53 just wreck them but sometime it just flies through without any damage

Unfortunately first shot advantage means absolutely everything in this game and spall liners just make top tier overall more annoying(never should have been added), and your second suggestion just misses the mark especially taking into account most don’t squad and the actual flow of gameplay

1 Like

The round can hit multiple crew members, and in the case of side shots to Russian tanks that’s more likely than the Leopard.

The spall liner is destroyed after your first shot. I’ve also previously recommended that when they add spall liners they finally model spalling ricochet. Hot metal doesn’t just stop on hitting the other side of the tank, it should bounce around and cause further damage.

This would be a major buff to lower tier solid shot which currently is ahistorically worse than explosive shells which had reliability issues IRL.

In it’s current incarnation, maybe. Frontal shots still work, side shots work if you take them from the rear quarter because you’ll bypass the entire spall liner (unless I’m remembering their layout wrong); ass shots are still insta-kills if you have a decent spalling round.

There is also the adaptation that instead of taking side shots you want to go for disabling shots to cannon or breech - if they can’t shoot back, you have all the time in the world to finish the job.