Leopard 2A8

Who think’s Germany should get a brand new Leopard 2A8? With stronger hull armor, BR 11.8 (VIII), DM83 Shell.
CDN media

2 Likes
  1. it’s too new and classified
  2. no other nation has anything close to technology of this other than the Merkava Mk.IV M, which is not properly modeled in game.
  3. other nations need an equivalent before it’s added
  4. this would be 13.0+ BR material with a Trophy Hard-Kill APS

In short, I’d love to see it, but it will be, eh, idk, 5-8 more years. It’s armor isn’t as good as the Strv 122B+, garenteed, but the APS is good, and the gun is much better.

4 Likes

It’s an all around better version of what’s already the strongest tank in the game, so not the best idea to add any time soon.

However I would kill to see the reactions if Sweden gets the Norwegian 2A8 too.

Afaik not a single 2A8 has been built yet, only a technology demonstator exists. The variant on the picture is the 2A7A1.

6 Likes

Well look at the Challenger 3 that’s not even built yet and Gajin added to the game

3 Likes

The “Challanger 3” we have in-game is also a tech demonstrator:

Though, looks like a prototype for the “actual” CR3 also already exist, but thats outside of my bubble

grafik

4 Likes

Strv 122:

6 Likes

Doesn’t Strv 122 have worse thermals and worse penetration due to its shorter barrel?

However I would kill to see the reactions if Sweden gets the Norwegian 2A8 too.

Dawg wants to see the world burn 😭

2 Likes

Not sure if this post is sarcastic or not

İt has better armor despite bein older version and only gunner sight has truly worse thermals.

Dont think anyone complains about M95 shell as Well.

2 Likes

Understandable

It’s basically a 2A7V with a better shell and a hardkill APS.
I don’t see it as “13.0+ BR” material. You could put it at 11.7 with DM63 and it’d be basically the same as facing a 2A7V 99% of the time.

A hardkill APS is a gimmick considering how few IFV ATGMs there are at top tier, how few APS charges you have, and how prevalent airplane CAS with large AGMs/laser bombs/rockets is over helicopters with ATGMs.

3 Likes

Leopard 2A8 has been built it’s just not this one.

Leopard 2A8 has lws beside the aps radars:
leopard2a7 (2)
2_IMPbLzi

3 Likes

Also it has been some time since Germany put already DM73 in service with their leopard 2A7V’s

1 Like

The finished production CR3 already exists!

Look at this beauty…

4 Likes

Germany and Sweden is doing crazy nowadays and you want more? 💀

Fortunately for any non-German or Sweden player, I would vote against it if we don’t see any decent counterpart in any other major size nation in-game (USA, USSR or GB) in a future that this version could be added in game.

Oh, for sure, that gigantic “lower” frontal plate inviting anything to shoot at.

3 Likes

I think this is still a pre-series tank. The APS is missing.

Italian Leo 2A8 when

2 Likes