Leopard 2A7V / 2A7HU discussion & bugs

“By anything from Type 10 to DM53” It is quite limited range, tbh. Cause it will be only three shells.

Not my.

I still have to aim to quite limited numbers of spots, where i can OS Leo2. More armor just makes it harder because of some randomness

Because both of those rounds are slug type rounds, not long rods

Right? They’re making an advertisement for THEIR PRODUCTS, the tungsten alloys they make your PRODUCTS out of, and they specify that those PRODUCTS are made out of an alloy that achieves 18.5g/cc density, what else is there to it?

You’re coming up with every possible excuse at this point just to argue that they couldn’t have possibly gave out the density of their alloys like that, but they did.

3 Likes

so lets say your company is making toys of this specific wood from this specific tree and they give the information of the properties of the wood of this tree but they never specify on what toys they are using the wood but in their toys they say they are using that wood now does it make sense that this 2 wood they refer to are the one they are using for their toys?

Huh??? You’ve got to be kidding me right now. The way a projectile is made, or its geometry is IRRELEVANT to the density of their cores. The reason those two projectiles have a higher density is because it was specified that they’re made out of Class IV Tungsten alloy (alloys belonging to this categery almost always sit at 18.5g/cc), that’s the same type of alloy DM53 (which is btw called WSM 4 - 1) made out of.

3 Likes

I’m not saying they couldn’t possibly, I’m saying the information is not specific enough for a gajin bug report. You’d be better off finding a listing of what alloy DM53 uses and bug reporting it with that.

Well… Marketing? Developers were never lying about their goods, right? So its possible (not saying that they are)

The lanz-odermatt equation was made to be used with long rods only, not slugs. This is gajin’s jank as approach of applying it to slug rounds.

I literally just told you why they’re denser! Am I witnessing an actual reading comprehension issue happening in real time?

2 Likes

Man let me tell you. This is some high-level of mental gymanstics lol

1 Like

You’ve clearly never bug reported to gajin, they require at all times, specific information.

1 Like

that’s not a slug that’s a long rod entering more into the segmented department there you know what even is a slug?

1 Like

i have, but you dont seem to have done it. When its literaly the shell the article talks about, but you are to blind to realise it, rheinmetall is not producing any other apfsds, germany is actively always developing stronger rounds. If we had stronger ones available they would be in use already

1 Like

No it’s a slug, here’s M735 for u

please point in this image where DM53 is mentioned

“slug apfsds” totally makes sense

This is what a slug means in regards to APFSDS, it is a tapered penetrators, it was used on a few different early darts. We aren’t talking about shotguns, we’re talking about cannons

Right, explain to me what else will they be using a Grade 4 Tungsten alloy for then. Devs were already made aware PMC308 is underweight months ago due to this as well.

Again, what would they be using those alloys for? Not armour that’s for sure, since Tungsten components are almost always integrated into ceramics, and always in their pure form, not in alloyed form where they lose out on density.

1 Like

slug refers to the use of a submunition inside a projectile in order to make it go trough the barrel but in this case calling an APFSDS a slug type munition is wrong they are subdivided in short rod, long rod and segmented rod and some even weirder classes

1 Like

No, you prove to gajin’s standards of specific information that that specific alloy is used in DM53, that’s what you have to prove. If logic was allowed in gajin but reports things would be a hell of a lot easier lol