Leopard 2A7V / 2A7HU discussion & bugs

The fact gaijin is asking for the specific gear ratios of the transmission is idiotic and lazy in the first place. We have multiple sources stating the top speed of the tank was reduced, but the acceleration was increased to the levels of that of the 2A4.

1. We know the difference in weight
  2. We tracks are dimensionally the same
  3. We know the acceleration of 1 of the 2 vehicles
  4. We know the reduction in speed of the other vehicle

All gaijin has to do is match the acceleration of both vehicles.

9 Likes

Gotta love how they themselves admit their assumptions about the Strv122 having better armor than the 2A7V is “illogical”

2 Likes

Gaijin simple doesnt seen to know basic knowledge…is simple 1+1 l…

For example ive done reports on those and they simple said “not enought info…”
They ask for numbers,we give them and they suddenly turn into a bunch of homoerectus…

The numbers that document gives for western tanks are known to be wildly inaccurate. For example it claims that the Challenger 1 lower hull provides 520 KE protection when in reality it is an 80 mm RHA plate; and that the upper hull provides 550 KE, when the real figure is known to be more like 350 mm KE.

3 Likes

i wonder how long we have to wait to get the 2A7V at least somewhat fixed or if the Devs go with WE BELIEVE again

2 Likes

How long has it already been with the PUMA being a complete mess?

2 Likes

for way too long same with many other tanks and IFVs from other nations but russia is mostly fine somehow… If i remember it right the PUMA has 15 or so open reports

Then my hopes are also not exactly high for the 2A7V getting fixed anytime soon

So show a doc say otherwise then… because until now thats the best source with actual numbers and even has the info on what sources it used… because of if you are assuming we are already full os that b* here with gaijin and their assumptions

Just because there is no other source available doesn’t mean an inaccurate source should be used.

By your logic I could just take a napkin, write that the Leopard 2A7V UFP is, let’s say, ~100mm vs KE, get Scholz’s personal signature on it and submit that as a source to Gaijin.

So show me a proof that my source is inaccurate,simple like that

You mean like the inaccuracies that @Flame2512 already pointed out?

He pointed out of his brain,same like you… literally expecting to go like “you are inaccurate because im assuming it”…the gaijin way…

Sure. This is from one of the declassified reports on the British Chieftain replacement programme. The context is that after evaluating the currently available “off the shelf” tanks: Challenger 1, M1A1, Leopard 2A4 (c-tech hull) the MOD have determined they do not meet the UK’s requirement. So the UK is justified in looking at more expensive options (Challenger 2, M1A2, Leopard 2 Improved), which were still under development at the time.

The armour figures given in “Armor Technology” by Paul Lakowski are all far above the real values from when Britain evaluated those tanks.

He also claims that the Challenger 2 uses DU armour, which is a claim I’ve not seen anywhere else before.

5 Likes

Your about to get game ended by flame 😂

2 Likes

Give to make USA mains mad /j

1 Like

Funnily these documents of yours could be used to give 2A5 & 2A6 quite a hefty buff since they do have C-tech hulls, and neither provides 435mm in the 34 degree arc lol, although that’s more so due to Gaijin’s absolute inability to somehow model heavy side-skirts properly on anything that isn’t Russian.

10 Likes

2 months short of 2 years now.

Im really hoping its taking this long to add the Puma S1 cuz theyre doing a full rework, but im not holding my breath…

1 Like

it could be done yes but it wont as Germany ingame mostly gets Base Versions while a certain other nation even gets stuff that was tested on 2-4 Tanks

rubber fabric > HHA + rubber + HHA obviously

NATO only knows how to make armor with the effectiveness of foam, and get worse at making armor every year, didnt you know?

1 Like