Leopard 2A7V / 2A7HU discussion & bugs

oh nice era might get fixed?

This is a blind man talking to a deaf man. On the one hand we have a commercial company that has created a “simulator” with the other we have words of Smin1080 about a lot of vehicles that cannot be reproduced correctly. Just give up already. It’s game which need to make money from stupid community and make decisions, which didn’t improve game experience…

1 Like

In the case of the Leopard 2A7V, they pretty much all are connected, wrongly modelled (parts modelled into each other report is being worked on resulting in armor not working right)turret dmg model being to high, turret ring protector piece not protected modelled right (way to small etc), gajin falsly using swedish trials giving wrong armor values for modern vehicles and so on

2 Likes

Yeah ill be very happy if it does it was my main problem with the TES

not looking forward to the inevitable addition of the Puma VJTF and us needing to prove effectiveness of western era once again as well (ignoring all the other puma reports…)

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/oMqKiGrKQSpU

There you go. Submitted a report solely focusing on the hull.

8 Likes

This would not be correct.

A lot of the time post major update was taken to directly address the concerns raised and provide the developers explanations.

I appreciate there is disagreement on the outcome of some of those reports, but there very much was direct communication in response detailing the developers process and outcomes. To say there is none and will be none is very much incorrect.

As we have also said, all further reports with new sources or materials will be investigated and answered. What I have said is we do not currently plan any more of the vehicle specific blogs for the time being. They were generally to cover the most discussed broad subjects on each.

All reports will continue to be reviewed and answered individually

XD

4 Likes

Forwarded for review thanks.

3 Likes

Furina, if you need a forming advisor, I can help you form your bug reports to be easier to understand and focused.
That way we can make the reports have the highest possibility of success.

i don’t think thats gonna go well

It’s an offer. They don’t have to take it.
I see A LOT of reports fail because it was difficult to understand… as an English “expert” [college].
Translated English? That’s gonna be more difficult to understand; learned this in my years of study in world language.

A lot of the time post major update was taken to directly address the concerns raised and provide the developers explanations.

Sorry but I do not see that reflected in gajins public posts.

Lets talk about the Blog posts that you claimed was about the 2A7V, that “took a lot of time to make”:

1. It lied (or is it incompetence?) about the protection the tank provides ingame
  2. It provided no explanation for the conclusion the developers arrived at the 2A7V must have worse armor than a 34yr old prototype. Despite the many sources we provided on the internal and externally upgraded armor.

Nothing else was said in that blog post.
So we asked the developers to clarify on that. Yet I have not see a single response to our questions.
These two points were not even the main concern of the community.

That blog is simply a non-answer and can not be called communication.

I appreciate there is disagreement on the outcome of some of those reports.

What outcome? Almost all reports will either be shut down with “Not a bug” or duplicate, and other times “submitted as a suggestion”. You even banned one of the guys that put a lot of effort into making the reports. Either way Ive almost never see a single developer response to either of these.
If we receive a response, its almost always a tech mod and not a developer as you claimed.
If they received a response at all.

E.g. Community Bug Reporting System
We DMed a Tech mod and you on the issue. We provided the details. Material that cost me big time and money to acquire. We pinged the tech mod 3 times. What is the result a month later? We got ghosted and a third Mod close the issue without talking to us.
I even offered to provide a full scale 3D scan of the turret and the parts in question.
We provided everything that was asked for, and there were no additional material that was asked of us. Yet it was closed.

Where is this “communication” here?
Not to mention that this report in a similar manner was submitted for the first time 5 years ago. It was “passed as a suggestion”. I’ve not seen a developers response till this day.

Next example: Community Bug Reporting System
Some Tech mod made up some nonsense that has nothing to do with the report and closed it.
I and the OP DM’ed him over a Month ago. Still no response.

This report again, has been reported for almost every Leo 2 for the past 5 years. Sometimes passed as a suggestion sometimes ignored like here. Yet every new Leopard 2 the same issue gets copied to. We literary went to measure the dimension of the hatch to show that its incorrect, but apparently that’s not enough? Do we need a notary to certify it or what?
How many developer responses have we received on it? ZERO.

This is the same pattern over and over and over again. That’s just on the 100+ issues just on the Leo 2s alone.
I don’t see any attempts by the developers to actually communicate here.

You know communication is a two way street right?

The “submitted as a suggestion” reports just disappear into the void and will never be heard of again.
We are not getting a response, nor are we seeing action by the developers.

Or is that what you call “communication”?

13 Likes

The moderator did ask you for additional material and clarification on your sources:

No answer was posted in the report, so it was later closed.

Nothing was “made up”. Reports such as these are crossed checked with the developers on information we already have. The report lacked detail and info.

Every accepted report closed, fixed or resolved receives a developer response as to why it was not accepted or if it has been fixed. If it does not have a response, it is likely still open under investigation.

LOL you are even in the DM where we provided that material after he asked us.

4 Likes

The answers were provided in the DM’s that you are a part of, or would you rather have us post not-safe-for-work information to the wider public?

Nothing was “made up”. Reports such as these are crossed checked with the developers on information we already have. The report lacked detail and info.

So basically a tape measurement = lack of information?

Do you want me to go there, rip out the hatch out of that TVM next time and mail it to your house?

3 Likes

gajins realy needs to do a major patch only focusing only actualy fixing stuff, the problems only keep on stacking and they wont be able to keep up with the work they build up.

Fixing the game should be a priority, i know the new vehicles bring the new players and propably most of the money. But at one point we need a quality update, just about actualy fixing stuff and concentrating about actualy fixing vehicles.

Even the most basic stuff on vehicles like the PUMA still arent touched like 360° MUSS system which it even got advertised with on the dev blog. And thats not me starting on AHEAD. And thats literaly years ago already.

@Smin1080p currently it just mostly feels like if we arent able to provide bug reportsn 2 weeks after the major release of an update that the problems of a vehicle just wont get touched again, and will just go under in the depths of all the bug reports

2 Likes

I receive many PMs every day. Sadly its not possible to keep tabs and track of each and every single one of them when there are crossover conversations.

Going by the report itself, a moderator post was asking for more information and those not within that PM would not see that. So its always better to post it directly in the report, not via PMs.

yoshi is not the OP of the report and likely wasnt able to add the required material, is my best guess

So its always better to post it directly in the report, not via PMs.

We cant as it contains sensitive information. You yourself constantly say that it should be discussed in DMs, no? And suddenly thats wrong?

So much for “effective communication”

3 Likes