Leopard 2A7V / 2A7HU discussion & bugs

cope harder its not like we had to use worse apfsds and had to aim before you did at most of br’s compared to most of lolpen rounds we had to face

also try to play something that isnt ru only

but yea russia suffers need T14 with the 152mm gun on br 3.0 for balance :))))

isnt good enough to have the best heli the best AA and 3 best tank nah nah russia suffers clearly…

Anyways be happy that 2a7v is not even close to what it should be, thanks to gajoobles Inkompetenz

2 Likes

tell that to Leclerc and Challenger 2

Bro, what? France and Britain have terrible APFSDS. I would even claim that the DM53 isn’t much better because it has poor spalling compared to Type 10 or 3BM60. As Russia, you only have to “aim” for potentially two nations: Sweden, China and a singular German tank. Actually go try to play some other nations. You’re not being helpful if all you do is just come into topics to complain.

Go complain somewhere else please :D

image image image image image image image

Tanks that you cant just shoot anywhere on the hull to pen.
image image image

4 Likes

I find this funny if they nerf the unfinish tanks i mean really? do they need unfinish tank even more? the reason Russian that has lot of toys but still got beat by Ger and Swe it because Russian main are not skills players i understand the other such as US Abrams that they got the reason why they got stomp only card they can play with is F-16C (which expensive to spawn) but Russia? nah it skill issue for real

1 Like

By Spanish_Avenger (seem still is until this day)

15 Likes

Ha reminds me of a reddit post by yoshi_e (?) some time ago, it compared the amount of area you could pen top tier tanks with DM33 at 0m, at the time the T80U was best followed by the strvs irrc.

Also lets not forget how russia gets some of the best pen at 10.0, 3BM42 is very very good at 10.0.

5 Likes

10.7 3bm60 says hello :D

how could it forget that? no i don’t but god forbid higher BR tank like M1 M833 and Leopard 2A4 DM33 heh it just other Russia handheld BS to meet demand of Russian main who have no skills whatsoever.

3 Likes

Because they have no need of it, they are already superior vehicles compared to the Russian T-80B counterpart at the same BR.

egrtehjy

And if you’re looking for a NATO MBT in this battle rating range that’s probably got the best firepower of any MBTs in the game (relative to it’s BR), then the M1A1 at 11.0 firing 700mm LoS pen APFSDS every 5 seconds whilst seeing constant downtiers into 10.0 - 11.0 matchmaking is the choice available.

That being said, I’ve long complained that Germany doesn’t get a M1A1/T-80UM 11.0 equivalent in the form of the Leopard 2A4 C technologie /w DM33.

1 Like

I will do my head pats in peace, danke.

Last time tanks stomped as hard as the 2A7V and Strv 122B+ are doing now was withe the 2A6 and PLSS. And those got their reload nerfed for months iirc.

reload nerfed…
then we go back a little more with leopard 2a5 was stomping and we got what ?
Correct the bonus spall modifier to make sure that anyone and his mom can nuke the crew in 1 hit
and its still here

and what happend with russia having 2 years 60-70 & wr ? nothing, because mother russia is stronk and not buffed beyond any realistic value nah
fantasy world says hello :)

Yes sucks that gajooble says “well all your Abrams get is more weight without increased Armor”
Then we have the challys the leclercs that are just a mess
Next yould be the type 10 that you can kill with 30mm apfsds to the mantlet
because “going after gajooble”
Every nation except russia is to dumb to build some proper gun mantlet or armor in general and not because Russian tanks are so bad in RL that this game have to artifical? buff them while making nato equipment useless
Best example is t80bvm, 2s38

meanwhile nato stuff
Well pick one they all so fucked up that its not even funny anymore

5 Likes

NATO held a 3 year dominance over Russia between patch 1.71 ‘NEW E.R.A.’ and patch 2.1 ‘NEW POWER’.
The Xyz-70 terminators wiped the floor with the T-64A, the Leopard 2K and M1 wiped the floor with the T-64B, the IPM1 wiped the floor with the T-80B, the Leopard 2A5 wiped the floor with the T-80U and the Leopard 2A6 wiped the floor with the T-72B3 and T-90A.

There currently is no documentation available that points to the hull of the M1A2 SEP v2 having DU armour, nor is there documentation which cites that the cheek armour was substantially improved.
The only concrete evidence for improvements is in regards to the turret side protection vs CE for the M1A2 SEP.

Bias

These are skills issue because Leopard 2A5 and A6 still have paper thin hull that can be pen by 3BM42 so aim anywhere that not turret and boom leopard gone mean while hull and turret of Russian tanks can’t be pen unless weak spot compared to Leo 2 it’s entire hull are weak spot Leo2A6 case are best example of how Russian main love to play 2A6 existed as to make Russian main think twice before go out and shoot and think armor will save them (skill check more or less) to my surprise they didn’t change how to play peek without thinking to L/55 DM53 and boom Turret flying and to remind you that DM53 can’t really lol pen
Strv122 are the best example when Russian main have to aim weak spot which they don’t even try to get used to it and called it OP instead

3 Likes

Then it was also a '‘Skill Issue’’ for the NATO players when the T-80BVM had a 67% winrate.

Besides, that’s Coppen in the video, are you going to accuse Coppen_ of having a skill issue? Just as a reminder his average winrate is 80%.

NATO dominated Russia for three years straight because Russia consistently got inferior MBTs.

3BM-42 really struggled to consistently penetrate the UFP for the majority of time during those patches.
And I’m afraid to say, but poor players generally overvalue armour.

It is OP though.
I’m not one to side with any of the extremes, but a broken clock (Russian Main) can still be right twice a day.

Oh yeah sure that Russian suffer HARD!! lol that need overperforming ERA and best heli and SPAA still not enough for them if not skills issue? because meanwhile God forbid anti ERA tips for round like DM53 and L27A1 and Armor fix on many western stuffs like Leclerc that leave for many years still don’t get fix but if Russia? it’ll get fix within a week guess who have underperforming tanks and who get overperforming tank eh? because even right now 2A7V still have unrealistic armor despite many source say it have stronger armor

No i don’t even mention him and I don’t know who that guy is but what he said about it is like what many years ago before Thermal even exist? now there not just maximum as T-80U it different

well maybe RU main need to learn like the other have to do with play against them “aim weak spot” perhaps?

1 Like

Back then NATO teams had those, the ADATS was the strongest SPAA, M1’s had overperforming survivability, AH-1Z was by far the most powerful helicopter, NATO tanks had better mobility, better survivability, better gun handling, better reloads, better and safer ammo stowage and better lineups.

I’m curious why you’d only take issue with these things when Russia has them, and not when NATO does.

So just because it happened a few years back, it suddenly doesn’t count that NATO dominated Russia at top-tier for 3 years straight?
That seems like cherry-picking to me.

The difference is that, besides having the best armour of any MBT in the game, it also has:

• Best gun handling in the game for any MBT.
  • Best survivability in the game for any MBT together with the Leopard 2A7V.
  • Excellent firepower.
  • Excellent all around mobility.

A Strv 122 without it’s armour would still be decent, just look at the Leopard 2A6 as a reference, it’s still perfectly capable of performing well against anything it can come up against.

Anyways, this is going off-topic so I’ll leave it here.

The point of this thread is that the strv 122 received favoritism based on nothing and the misrepresentation of data while the 2a7V is practically worse for no reason at all.

The whole weakspot thing is so bs. Everyone I face in top tier randomly wants to shoot the leopard 2a6 or 2a5 wedge even if they have the drop on me so its very much a skill issue.

If you don’t see 2A7 open you eyes dude