Leopard 2A7V / 2A7HU discussion & bugs

wrong tank but. can something be done to the type 10’s turret traverse? it’s just copy paste of Type 90. and the type 16 is also doing the same. as for the type 16. ive seen a video 3-4ish years ago that it’s turret could spin faster.

Unless you can find an official document stating so, they won’t implement any changes… Gaijin hates using videos as sources, since they claim they can be doctored.

sheesh that’s gonna be a hard one. gaijin already doesn’t fix the type 10’s traverse rate even though there’s videos of it. i do hope atleast someone got a concrete proof or calculations of it. I’ll try check and see if i could still find it though.

There’s a document stating the Type 10s stab can achieve speeds around ~45 deg/s in horizontal plane (not sure about the vertical one), but due to the fact there is no info on whether the gunner can engage it (like on the Leopard 2, they they simply turn a lever for “stab ein” mode which allows for the full speeds of the stabiliser), I don’t think so.

Well, to be fair, T90M, T90BVM, strv122s and Leo2A7 are simply leagues above everything else. I often see Russian mains complain about the others, sail for German mains… but the truth is, they are all pretty similar, with very small weak spots, while all the others nations are just trying to exist. ZTZ99, M1A2 seps (and unpopular opinion, Type 10 and Chally 3) are the step below, due to their worse armor, but still managing with at least something else (better reload mainly, and the ztz99 having still a decent armor, and great mobility). Then there’s the Leclerc, and then at the bottom, Ariete, due to not having anything going on for them compared to the others. And I don’t understand why, or how all of these things are still at the same battle ratings, especially the Ariete with their extremely poorly added armor kits.

I’d say that the NATO dominance (which, if you don’t consider NATO as a single tech tree, which it is not, it was rather US for a few months, Germany for a few others…) against others (be them Russian that you took exemple on, or even other nations, such as Italy, with the Ariete, France, with the AMX40…) was not as hard as T90M, Leo 2A7 and STRV 122B+ are doing to every other nations right now.

and so us xyz and german ones could not be on the same team

im sorry what ?
m1 was wiping the floor with everything

• leopard2k got its reload nerfed around that time
    and they added the t64bv? mod making the heat useless vs it ah yes 600 or was it 650mm pen heat ?

was it before or after the release of US AND RU only helis ?
because ipm1 still wiped the floor with everyone german 2a4 etc

fun times, till they increased the repair cost to what 15 or 18k ?

got its reload nerfed + and not so long after ( i think) the t80bvm was added and steamrolling? everything gg

i still dont understand why DM12 was nerfed from 650mm to 480mm as 650 was confirmed with bug reports also i love how everything got some sort of nerf but when russia dominated no nerf at all like the M1 got limited per team the MBT/KPZ 70s made them lock germany and us to not be able to be on the same team for over a year the reload nerfs of Leos and limit per team too but russia got not a single nerf to reload or a limit

1 Like

was a Indian source if i remember correctly
Something like standoff distance or so
ru heat-fs remained unchained interestingly

1 Like

yea btw did you notice the formula used for APFSDS favors russian ammo as even old declassified NATO ammo underperforms

4 Likes

Actually over 2 years and for all BRs lol

Especially modern NATO projectiles underperform because DM53 and M829A2 for example are segmented penetrators.
DM53 also has a tip against heavy ERA which is missing

1 Like

i know and it was reported a few times too but we already saw Gaijins uhm weirdness with saying M829A3 gets not extra pen compared to A2

DM53 underperforms in general. Irl it has 650-760 mm of pen at 2km, but gaijin nerfed it to 652 at point blank.

clearly the US just makes new ammo to perform the same or worse, not like russia /s

but isn’t that for all rounds the case ?

Also L27A1 but i’m sure gaijin wouldn’t dare to add because if it add in the game damn it will be unplayable for Russia mains

It definitely wasn’t just done to DM53, but it’s a significantly harder nerf compared to any of the modern russian darts.

1 Like

What’s the source for that?

And assuming that’s correct, DM53’s penetration falls right in the middle of your stated estimates because in-game DM53 penetrates 698mm LoS @ 2000m.

Willi Odermatt calculator.

3 Likes

What is the source for the dimensions?

The hardness of targets should be 250 BHN IIRC, not 237 BHN.
Tungsten alloy has a density of 17,600 kg/cc.