Leopard 2 improvements (general MBT improvements aswell)

Not new, but the leopards have been discussed about a LOT.
Im opening this topic because other were closed or forgotten about.
First: APU should be added to the game, this was suggested earlier by Angry_C4N4DIAN:

This would be a excellent addition to the game, if you need to repair for a while it would be nice to have your turret rotation on MBT level not on panther prototype level.

Engine power,
The engine of the 2a7v should be higher, quoting https://armyrecognition.com/ ‘‘The Leopard 2A7 is motorized with an MTU MB 873 Ka-501 liquid-cooled V12 twin-turbo diesel engine developing 1,479 hp. at 2,600 rpm’’
Multiple other sources said other things, such as the official bundeswehr website:
Kampfpanzer Leopard 2 A7V der Bundeswehr
‘’ Powered by a 1,500-hp engine, the tank ploughs its way across the battlefield just like its predecessor did.‘’

currently in game it sits at 1327 HP, those extra HP matter man.

Fire systems:
Does not matter in which tank, if a tank catches fire by impact of a shot you should manually press the extinguish button. Which makes your crew quit everything they are doing: driving, reloading etc.
Multiple MBTs have a automatic fire supression systems.

These things could all be added, and added as extra modules too maybe.

Maybe you think this makes NATO tanks too good. Or maybe you are just against it in general? Please, let me know what you think about it.

EDIT: I have not found sources about automatic fire supression. Some websites already linked in this post mention it, but i want it a little bit clearer. I will keep looking.

-links are safe.

2 Likes