Leopard 2 changes

Leopard 2AV, Leopard 2A4 (all variants), Leopard 2 (PzBtl 123), Leopard 2A4M, Leopard 2 PL, Leopard 2 PSO, Leopard 2A6 (all variants), Leopard 2A7V, Leopard 2A7HU, Strv 121, Christian II, Strv 122B, Strv 122B+, Strv 122B PLSS — zones in the rear hemisphere in which the gun depression limit of +3 degrees is applied have been changed from ±40 degrees to ±75 degrees.

This is a very significant nerf to all Leo 2s.
Whats worse is that no source or report is given for this significant change.

before:

after:

You cannot engage anyone that is slightly behind you anymore.

This seems more like an arbitrary nerf than a “fix”

0/10 change, please revert

Edit:

Other tanks as comparison

Abrams Clickbait:

Challenger 2 OES:
evens out to 0°

raises barrel:

Type 10 Fuji:

T-80UK:

ZTZ96 (P):

Couldn’t test the China Top-Tier, Leclercs or the Arietes, since I don’t have them and there is no test drive available.
Merkava has full depression 360°.

74 Likes

This is stupid

9 Likes

This is a Historical change and Smin already stated that some Leos already had this limitation and now the rest get this aswell.
But someone stated “that the gun can be fully depressed if the stabalizer gets turned off”.
Is it true, i dont know but if its true then this limitation goes away with your stabalization.
Here a Video that shows this depression limit.

It may be stupid, but so does that the Brimstones only get LOAL instead basic FnF.

12 Likes

I agree. This is even more insulting. Whenever the playerbase finds a bug, they have to provide two sources and even then many times the report will be denied.

If you have a source, provide it please.
Otherwise I´ll pull out the claim out of thin air that I know theres differnt modi and an override for that function, so it shouldnt even be in game.

17 Likes

What a joke

6 Likes

Look how late he drops it back down. I don’t think this video is a clear indicator of where exactly the limited gun depression starts/ends. Physically it only makes sense in +/- 40 degrees arc. +/-75 degrees doesn’t seem to be a logical design choice from an engineerinf POW. Why would anyone do that?

1 Like

You can see it here 20 seconds in. (pausing on youtube you can go frame by frame using , and . on the keyboard)

10 Likes

and let use not ignore that thes gun limits are under no combat. like do ppl beleve the when the gunner pulls the trigger the tank i gona go na dude you cant fire because. no of corse not the gun i gona try to aim at the target anyway and fire

3 Likes

So a video is now considered a primary source?

24 Likes

I will repeat here👆

1 Like

It’s actually a safety feature as to not damage the radiator or engine deck, as well as the barrel, because if you are locked on a target and hard left or right near that position, it won’t allow you to fire and keep everything safe

2 Likes

Is that a primary source?

4 Likes

Never claimed it was :)

guess they just fond something that will substantially nerf 3 (or 4 if you count dutch) and just went for it who needs proper primary sources

well i guess we know why the Russians always spin the turrets like crazy wen they advertise a new tank

1 Like

And are these safety features active in combat? This could easily be the same nonsense they do with the Bradleys where they retract the launcher in game when in reality that does not happen.

Somehow there is a difference between combat and doctrine, but someone needs to let Gaijin now.

5 Likes

i just hope it gets resolved they turned the leopard into a glorified case-mate tank destroyer
for 12.0

I thought this was enough of an artificial nerf already

25 Likes

Sadly Not

1 Like

Such a change should require a primary source.
Gaijin failing to provide one is a big reason not to change it, even if it was historical. Cause what they cannot prove with good sources, they shouldn’t implement or change.
They require the same from players, so why shouldn’t we require the same from them?
But we all know how hypocritical Gaijin is in their handling of sources and out-of-ass-pullery.

1 Like

Back on the old forum there was someone who had some declassified leo 2 manuals and they mentioned these restrictions mentioned in them so unless we can convince gaijin to let us depress with the FCS off (which would still be awful) everything points to this being very realistic.

6 Likes