LD-35 -- Chinas Bird Net

+1 from me, also what about the ammo of the cannon? i readed somewhere that there are proxy rounds for the 35mm cannon (the pgz09 can also use them but aren’t in game for balancing reasons ig)

2 Likes

It could receive all normal shells in game, but also multiple Chinese domestic made rounds, and yes I believe proxy should be one of them

1 Like

if gaijin decides to add proxy rounds it would be good to have this thing at 10.7, while the yi tian at 10.0.?

1 Like

I think that would make the most since, but also hard to sya what gajjin will do

1 Like

This is beautiful. I’ve looked at it for five hours now. +1

1 Like

+1
The fact that my nation’s top tier SPAA is the Tor-M1 is disgusting(im ok with the tor in the chinese TT, just we dont have enough chinese modern SPAAs)

3 Likes

As for the fate of PGL-12 in PLA service, it seems it has lost to the Type 625 SPAA and was never seen again after a few trial use.

+1 SWS-2 is (well, now was) my favorite chinese light tank/spaa, knowing that there is an upgrade of it with 2 more ty90s is good to know :)

1 Like

PGZ09 should have AHEAD ammo, not proxy, but time fuse with programing to make it act like proxy

AHEAD can only be programmed with a special muzzle device, which can be seen on the end of the PGZ09’s gun barrells. The same device is on the Puma, which is the only other vehicle ingame capable of shooting AHEAD

If the missiles are indeed TY-90s, then it could be 10.3-10.7 even since their range and maneuverability can exceed most other MANPAD-type missiles in WT.

+1

1 Like

It will fill the gap, +1

1 Like

sws-2 has a vertical guidance of nearly 90° for both gun and missiles, LD-35 can probably do the same.
99b48dec851855b45c2f214c57860f27

1 Like

It’s quite the conundrum to find the most accurate designation for this vehicle.
I always went with “SWS-2”.

The same thing applies to the CS/SA5, as it appears that it could be 3 different vehicles (all sharing the same turret).

Still, easily one of my most anticipated Chinese vehicles and an obvious +1 from me.

All SPAA gets an automatic yes from me.

SWS-2 and LD-35 do have some difference in tuttet shape.
imageimage

Yes, but I always considered the “SWS-2” to be the one on the left. And it has been showcased under that designation.

As you can see, the plaque says “SWS-2”. But it’s an “LD-35” in the suggestion? I’m quite confused.

The SWS-2 I post, is the early version, and upgraded to the LD-35 now. While the SWS-2 still being used for the new one. Not sure about if the name is fully changed to LD-35 and SWS-2 abandoned. But one thing for sure, LD-35 is the new formal name.
It’s normal for Chinese weapons to change name and keep using more than 1 names at same time.

1 Like

I see, that’s interesting. Thank you.

Here are some pictures of the structure behind the tail door, from the picture, behind the left tail door is a relatively small equipment bay, and behind the right tail door may be an engine access
taildoor1
taildoor2

2 Likes