Launcher stuck on "Checking game updates, please wait"

its been stuck on this “checking game updates please wait” for an unusually long amount of time as of posting this, usually it would only take a few seconds for it to get past the checking, but its been around 20 minutes and its still going. any solutions?

computer specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
RAM: 16 GB

not the steam version of the game

I am having this happen tonight as well. Did you do anything? Or did it just go away on its own?

Check your network hasn’t changed itself to public, and check the firewall settings are enabled for both private and public for War Thunder.

Another one could be to restart your internet as well, and maybe even do a power cycle for the entire network and bring it all up in gradual steps. Everything off, modem/router on, then NAS/Servers, then PCs/Devices.

Just restarting the PC worked.

1 Like

Same issue here, happened on its own, just stopped working over night…
Reinstalled launcher, easy anticheat.
Removed config.blk
Checked network if its private
Checked uPnP if its on
Removed custom DNSes
Flushed DNS cache
Checked firewall if it blocks it
…and it should work but it doesn’t…

Borrowed desktop pc form father that also plays WT and it works just fine so i have excluded network/internet provider issue…

Something just happened on its own with client/launcher but have no idea what…

After some time of analyzing game files i have located the problem…
At win32 and win64 folder there were read only Creative ALchemy dsound.dll and dsound.ini files.
Deleting them solved the problem but now WT 3D sound positioning just su.ks without hardware acceleration.
So whoever during latest patches added those files to blacklist and castrated hardware 3D sound support please fix it, i think many players uses also their ears during dogfights…