Lamborghini LM002 (KBA 25mm)

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

General Info
The story of the Lamborghini LM 002 (nickname ‘Rambo Lambo’) starts in the late 70’s, Lamborghini wanted to tap into the Military market whilst also tapping into the civilian market, they had decided to work on a few very unique designs for off-road military vehicles, mainly made to suit specifications and needs that the US army had outlined years prior for an off-road military vehicle that would replace the older designs they had in service. Lamborghini came out with the Lamborghini Cheetah, and later also the LM 001, both vehicles would be tested by the US army and were fitted with a wide array of armaments to further push itself into the competition, since Lamborghini was up against pretty much every major US military manufactures, and certain aspects of both vehicles did not really go hand in hand with the US military doctrine, they would be turned down. The LM 001 would specifically be turned down due to the LM001 having the same performance and handling problems as the Cheetah. But finally in 1982, Lamborghini would show off at the ‘‘Salone dell’Auto di Ginevra’’ the LM 002, (LM standing for Lamborghini Militaria). The LM 002 would be a more conventional 4x4 truck with a front-mounted engine, the engine it had was specifically a V12, and allowed the vehicle to reach top speeds of 210km per hour. It also had a really good acceleration, it was able to go from 0 to 100 in 7.8 seconds. Another major plus of the LM 002, was the ability for the vehicle to overcome gradients of 120%. Unlike the 2 previous military designs from Lamborghini, the LM 002 actually saw limited production, with approximately 330 made. In terms of armaments, it was able to fit a wide array of different weapon systems, for example Saudi Arabia would order one turret equipped, submachine gun version with a trap door on the roof. However finding pictures of these weapon systems have resulted in little to nothing to be found so far, however, one exists, of the LM 002 mounting a Oerlikon-Contraves 25mm type KBA auto cannon. This specific armament would be fitted on a wide array of military vehicles, a lot being already used by the Italian armed forces, either by ground or by sea. The modes of fire are semi-automatic and fully automatic at a rate of fire of 600 rounds per minute.The weapon could fire a wide array of munitions, although its uncertain which ones would be available to Italy, ammunition included things such as APDS and APFSDS. In terms of the maximum effective range, it would be 2km while the slant range for high explosive rounds would be 3km. The armor piercing rounds will penetrate nearly every medium weight fighting vehicle. The specific weapon mount was able to traverse up to 50 degrees and down 15 degrees, obviously also being able to go around 360 degrees. In terms of how survivable it would be, it being an armored car, allowed it to pretty much withstand most low caliber rounds, and maybe also shell splinters, but other than that nothing else. Overall, this would be one of the last vehicles Lamborghini would make also for a military market, and decided to pursue other more important projects. Also fun fact, the LM 002 would be blown up by the US military during one of their military operations in Iraq, that LM 002 once owned by Uday Hussein, one of Saddam Hussein’s sons would be used to simulate the effects of an V.B.I.E.D, needless to say, that vehicle did not have a happy ending.
Armaments
x1 Oerlikon-Contraves 25mm type KBA autocannon

Specifications

Spoiler

Why it should be in game
I feel like this vehicle would be a nice addition to the game as the vehicle is unique, and itself being full of history, and especially being from a known car manufacturer could generate a lot of interest for the Italian tree. The weapon system on it would suit the game and due to the nature of the vehicle being wheeled and not heavily armoured, it would become a glass cannon of sorts. It could be used as an event or premium too, which would also in my opinion generate interest in people getting their hands on this vehicle. Lastly its a vehicle which has a lot of information online both for the weapon system and the actual vehicle, meaning that implementing it should not be as hard as adding something like a modern tank.

Sources

Spoiler

LM2002 Brochure
Rivista Militare 1982 N5
Lamborghini LM 002 - Fuoristrada Lamborghini
Lamborghini LM 002 - Wikipedia
Lamborghini Tried To Break Into The Military Market With Its G.I. Joe Toy Looking "Cheetah"
Lamborghini Cheetah (HMMWV Prototype) - Tank Encyclopedia
italiaspeed.com
25mm Oerlikon KBA | Weaponsystems.net
1986 - 1993 Lamborghini LM002 Editor's Review | Car News | Auto123

Photos

Spoiler

8 Likes

+1 I feel the need… the need for speed

6 Likes

+1 I will second the other like. The need for speed. This reminds me, that Lamborghini is a respectable brand with extensive advertisement for the brand, it is possible to get Gaijin to do an official thing with Lamborghini, and Lamborghini may provide assistance in giving Gaijin what they would need to make a good detailed model in game.

6 Likes

Heck yeah! +100!!

3 Likes

+1 absolute yes for the LAMBO in wt

4 Likes

This vehicle would be great to see in the game

4 Likes

pls add

4 Likes

Faster, smaller R3 with better gun? I see no downsides. And this have to be Burning Red

3 Likes

One of them(unarmed version) Has been used by Saddam Hussein, this is also quite a advertisment
20240121_222814
20240121_222817

5 Likes

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/714838496728186913/1214907669413105684/Screenshot_20240306_150033.jpg?ex=65fad1f0&is=65e85cf0&hm=a23a09792f2770ddaded65b551f96c67338ec8427afcde961f3e5e985541c1a0&

4 Likes

yes, just for the sound of it, fox engine sound may seem nice, but this is on another level.

1 Like