'Kings of Battle" Update Trailer

https://www.baesystems.com/en-uk/heritage/de-havilland-mosquito

Yeah I was just looking at that, Wikipedia probably wrong again XD

Doesnt say explicitly, but from what I am aware, they didnt, at least not the true bomber variants. WHich is why I think theyd be hard to balance. Too low and it just wipes the floor with everything, imagine 4k bombs at very low BR in GRB. Too high and its just target practice. A buc S2 at B4

Yeah probably 3.0, Welly has 4000 lb at 2.3

Thats true, but the mosquitto is twice as quick and pretty nimble. Its like giving a 4K bomb to Typhoon

4000 pounder on a typhoon wouldn’t go well…

1 Like

Precisely. Which means a high BR, which means it will encounter things that can intercept it and then back to square one. Could omit 4k bomb, but 4x1000 is still a lot on that kind of aircraft

1 Like

The F-111, unlike the Tornado IDS, is probably going to get decent A2G options/not be neutered by how many GBUs it can carry, hence why they won’t add it to the UK tree.

1 Like

Im hoping that the f111 is coming with Ground radar and ECM and that htose will FINALLY be added to the Gr1. But Id also not be surprised at this point if they were added, but not added to the Tornado.

As you say, even if they added those features to the US F-111, I doubt they’d add them to the Tornado within the next year.

Yeah… but you can hope. But at this point. Im just perpetually surprised the Gr1 has managed to maintain its 11.3 BR and not been boosted to 12 because “reasons”

My advice would be to start playing the Russian tree. Means you can always flick on easy-mode for a few fun matches when you get tired of being curbstomped playing the UK.

1 Like

I just could never bring myself to do that. I have such a deep seated hatred for the inherrent soviet bias in the game, that would just suck. Not too mention the fact that grinding out an entire tree for that is going to take 2 years+ and hopefully by then we might have gotten sonething small at least for our TT

1 Like

The bias goes all the way through their tech trees. Also some of their vehicles are genuinely cool. I have top tier air for US too, which is obviously very dominant, but I don’t have top tier ground for US or Germany. So I can’t really tell how much of the gap is due to Russia being easy-mode and how much is due to UK being GJN’s punching bag. Could always go for the US tree - especially if the prospect of bullying Russia-mains with the F-16C is appealing.

I find the lack of dump and burning very disturbing.

I barely survived grinding my way through the British TT, I know its the worst TT in the game at all BRs, but I just could never bring myself to do that again. The Economy is shockingly bad.

Air, I might look at Sweden or France, but I just have no motivation for them. I generally cant stand more than a match or 2 of ARB, and thats in a really good aircraft like the Plagis Spitfire. In something low performance, I just would get bored instantly. I enjoy SB, but find prop SB just too slow for my liking

As @Smin1080p wisely says: you need to temper your expectations

The SL economy is at least fixed. RP gain is still dreadful but we have to celebrate our victories when it comes to gjn.

2 Likes

Yeah, SLs are no big deal for me. 30 minutes of farming in a premium ground pounder in SB and I can buy a new top tier vehicle.

But the shockingly slow rate of RP gains is brutal. I did the math, based upon my usual RP gains in the CR2, to get the next CR2 I will need to do something like 150+ matches. Maybe more.

Dear god no! Not France! They have god awful aircraft. They suck. They are carried by what little US aircraft they get, like the P-63C-5