Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

GJ says a lot of things and is always very clear. Nothing is final until it goes live.

1 Like

They seem pretty clear that the game isn’t ready for such planes anytime soon, and tbh that holds up with the typhoon being a very capable plane

1 Like

They’ll never confirm anything early, but they’re pretty solid on unambiguously denying something for the upcoming update.

1 Like

Well, lol I already stated I do not think its coming. Regardless of what they said.

Great.

1 Like

Honestly I still think the F/A-18A early block could work well for America. If you look at the ones from the mid 80s up to block 15 or so they could only carry Aim-9L/M/R and Aim-7F/M. The only thing crazy would be its AGM-88 HARM.
Could work rn in my opinion. . Plus Britain could get it via CF-18.

1 Like

Also am the only one that remembers when devs said a TT A-6 was coming just “not this update”. Been almost a year and still no A-6 in its ultimate form.

2 Likes

True lol, unfortunately, Russian mains are going to need to get used to the fact that in the future mostly they will get iterative improvements of the Mig-29 and SU-27.

3 Likes

The A-6E TRAM must still be selling quite well.

2 Likes

True.

Either a enhanced Mig29 (SMT is just “modernized”) or the Mig-21-93 which I heard is an amazing fighter that can go toe to toe with 4th gens. The model is already really good in WT.

I still think we need small light fighter to compliment the Su27. It cannot do it alone as it has a weaker thrust to weight than the 29. the Flanker and is a gigantic target and a great radar reflector. Sparrows are not going to miss those things.

2 Likes

Ya know I don’t know about you all, but id not be adverse to have a update centered around the F-111 & SU-24. Both are highly requested and would give the devs more time to work on top tier air superiority fighters.

2 Likes

I think the Soviet mains are more losing their minds over the fact that the Mig -29 is currently a bus despite being well known for it’s overall stellar performance irl. It really is worth noting that the plane went from hero too Zero flight performance wise overnight thanks too the most recent update, and probably too combat the fact that if the Mig -29 could still maintain good noise authority and rate capabilities then it would absolutely dominate the close range fights simply thanks too the R-73 and HMD.

Also can we stop framing thaings in the context of “Soviet mains are crying/American mains are whining” it gets really old and just perpetuates this toxic style of convo with a lot of bad faith arguments.

1 Like

The SMT is a bus because its heavier. The 9-12A flies like a dream. The only thing the Mig29 is missing is the alpha and nose authority at slow speed. But many players do not understand that allowing more alpha is not going to allow them to rate with the F16.

Some players are asking GJ to limit the alpha even more (lol) so they can pull aft on the stick as hard as possible without any consequence and maintain the optimal angle of attack for maximum rate. That is not what the Mig29 was designed for. They do not want a Mig29. They want a F-16.

As for your Soviet mains are crying comment. They absolutely are, and many declared they won’t even play the jet until GJ nerfs the F16 or makes the Mig29 as good at rate fighting.

The SMT is my most played aircraft this patch and I already stated its missing alpha. They need to take the limits off. But doing so would actually make the aircraft take skill to play and historical. However most soviet mains do not want the high alpha fighter the Mig29 was designed to be they want the instructor to hold their hand in a dogfight. They want an F16 dressed as a mig29 with the same best missiles in game too.

2 Likes

So anywayw are we expecting a Monday blog?

Yes we are

at first i thought yes, but then i remembered that mondays often are left alone

There is a little time before the update, i suspect it will drop today

thats the funny thing, people often seem to forget that the SMTs main purpose is CAS not fighter activity and that as a result of this it just got quite a bit heaver to support the needed systems

2 Likes

@Smin1080p

Any devblogs today?