Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Yea that is true though Israel does have soviet vehicles too.

Here are some interesting Dutch aircraft.

For Benelux? Yeah.

All the same aircraft pic :P

Yeah, though at least in the context of SB. Israel is usually always with the US. Though both France and Sweden can be on Redfor side so doesnt necessarily mean anything (but I do hope we get some better team matchmaking. Typhoon Vs Typhoon with Britain vs Italy and Germany in SB is gunna be rather boring)

Yea just noticed so I’ve updated the link

1 Like

Looks intersting for low tier at least. Ive kinda lost my patience for low tier aircraft these days.

1 Like

I will assure you that it is not a ‘debate’ but a fact. :)

These are NOT ‘leaks’ as they themselves state on the SAAF’s official website.

Even if you were a kid and had a knack for finding ‘a guy in jeans and a sweater with red stripes’, you won’t find AIM-120 here!

3 Likes

Any other BVR?

Edit, answer my own question with reading the highlighted bit :P

So thank you. So Gripen from SA is not an option for 12+ then. Makes it 100% that our next jet is the Sea Harrier FA2 and or Tornado F3 CSP. Likely with the Typhoon very soon (next 6 months)

1 Like

Gripen comes with 9Ms and AMRAAMs, that’s going to be 12.3 - 12.7 regardless of what people think.
Aircraft are given weapons they can use to justify their BR.
Typhoon, Rafale, Mig-29M, F-2, F-16Block 50, 2000s F-15Cs, etc will be interesting next year items.

Read above. South African Gripen never had AMRAAM. I also only see IRIS-T. So No Aim-9M. Unless they added Gripen with ahistorical loadout based upon what Sweden operates. But then that would be adding a Swedish Gripen not a South African Gripen.

Gripen C can use AMRAAMs and will come with them.
It’ll be 9Ms and AMRAAMs for Gripen C.
Stop calling South Africa “Sweden”…

Source for that?

F-16C/D manuals, cannot be posted on the forums.

I never once called South Africa “Sweden”. Those are 2 different countries.

The Gripen is developed by Saab. A Swedish company. and is Exported to South Africa…

South Africa never imported Aim-9 or AMRAAM. See above. Ergo, South Africa’s Gripen would never carry them and couldnt be added with them.

Unless you can prove otherwise that South Africa imported Aim-9 and AMRAAM

One more thing: Hungarian Gripens also have problems.
They introduced AMRAAM starting with the AIM-120C. It’s a pretty big improvement over the AIM-120B we’re expecting to get soon. AGM-65 also uses G/H version.

Most likely only in the swedish tt tho

Says who? Sweden or South Africa never operated AIM-9M, why would they get them?

Not a big issue. PL-12 is apparently Aim-120C equivalent. Speculation is, we may start with Aim-120B at first but move pretty quickly onto Aim-120C and equivalent on the bracket above. Italy has 2 Aim-120B carriers sorted already and will be fine till then. and with Typhoon likely as well. Gripen would be a side grade not an immediately needed upgrade

You know that Barak II isn’t your regular F-16D right? It had different avionics and integrated weapons.

@Texas_Engineer_Mike
It doesn’t matter what SA imported & didn’t import IRL.
It only matters what the aircraft CAN use.
USAF never used AIM-7s on F-16Cs, but we have them cause they CAN use AIM-7s.
Gripen C will use 9Ms & AMRAAMs in all tech trees with Gripen, as it’s precedent to give aircraft their realistic CAN loadouts.

Aim-9L/I I guess is their equivalent, I guess Aim-9M placeholders or Aim-9L/I with that addition