With infantry around the corner I thought I’d create a hypothetical future tech tree we could see in game. It’s nowhere close to complete and I’ll try to add more info on each weapon as I have time.
I tried to keep things clean by not having an individual icon for changes in things like scopes or grenade launchers. For example the Type 64 DMR starts with an M1D scope, but has been seen with modern optics and can even mount a scope with thermals and a laser range finder.
This scope can be mounted on everything from the Type 64, M24, G28, Type 89, Type 20, so its not really unique and it can be assumed that high rank versions of any of those rifles can be created by adding this scope.
I only included distinct variants for special attachments for specialized equipment like the SMASH 3000 or ACIES equipment.
Things left off the list:
- Pistols
- Evaluated RPG-7
There isn’t much info on it past a few secondary source mentions.
- Captured North Korean Weapons from Amami-Oshima
I might add the Type 82 LMG in the future as it is a unique addition, but unlike other evaluation rifles included in the tree, this was never planned to be adopted and merely evaluated to gauge performance.
- Purely law enforcement weapons
I feel like if I include anything law enforcement it really becomes muddied with even more foreign designs. Purely going off of the weapons used by the various JSDF branches, it gives a good balance while keeping the identity of the tree.
- Some of the other AR-18/Type 89 prototypes
Again, there isn’t a lot of info on a lot of these, but I want to find more info on the T-12 carbine


