JGSDF Discussion Page

Can I just say, the Type 74 horsepower buff is awesome

They have been transformed from sluggish, awkward vehicles to play into something that I am finally able to have fun with again, which is absolutely awesome because they were the entire reason I ground out the japanese tech tree in the first place.

Mobility has been greatly improved, despite the still low reverse speed. While I still think they struggle within their BR, they have become much more playable again, because they were practically unplayable before.

4 Likes

Even type74 have better acceleration then type10 now, what a joke

is it me or the tow-2 launch zone of the ah-1s is higher now?
the lowest zone is at the 0° so if you are slightly above the battlefield, you need to guide the tow from above to below, which mean crazy tow movement.
just why?

Its launch zone, not guidance zone, just angle for a second to launch it properly then go back into horisontal

https://forum.warthunder.com/tag/japan-ground-forces
Type 11 as possible SPAA and other vehicle suggestions here in case someone missed this sub-forum like I did

1 Like

^A new (old and repurposed) topic for Japanese Tags and Topics that don’t fit in this page.

^Cool & Somewhat relaxing video which gives some nice angles of the type 10 (Including the underside of the turret), as well as good audio and visuals.

4 Likes

yeah? i write it like that too…

what i meant was i felt like the previous launch zone was lower than the currently 0° on the lowest launch zone.
maybe i was mistaken, it’s not like the ah-1s a good helicopter anyways. especially the atgm guidance changes.

Lovely, in the latest BR changes all Type 74’s will go to 9.0.

I would like to see the loading speed of the type74 and type16 to be less than 6 seconds.
I think it is strange that the loading speed is slower than the 120mm gun.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a balancing factor or has something to do with the ergonomics of the vehicle.
2nd gen MBT like the Leo1, type 74, amx-30, have less room internally then the 3rd gen mbt’s like the leopard2, M1, etc.

both loaders are standing, but i’ve been inside a leo 2 turret in a museum and the loader has quite a bit of room to move and turn around to get rounds. also saw the cut away in Munster tank museum of the leo 1, not as much room as i mentioned.

as mentioned i suspect it’s a balancing factor, like with the oscillating turrets on the AMX-13, they should be able to load faster but i think they balanced it, to add the reload feature, which would normally be done out of combat and could only be done from the outside, taking several minutes to do.

Standards for tanks with manual loading (Type 61 / Type 74) already found, they indicate 10-15 rounds per minute. It`s just regular “balance” edits of the snail.

omg, facing so many T-72 TURMS in my Type-74 is NOT FUN

3 Likes

it’s me or Vikhr didn’t trigger LWR today?
i think there’s a bug where it didn’t trigger properly?

3 Likes

We have the current production (bottom pic), one of the prototypes {first pic) and a first production series Type 16. I would love to see the other versions as well especially one with a RWS.

Spoiler

And this weird one with the rear engine not sure if they are the same vehicle or different but would be cool nevertheless

Spoiler

And while making this post I found a Type 16 with the turret composite removed and also the Hull which could be a lower BR type 16. similar to the prototype which is at 9.0 but this one also has the turret composite off so maybe it can be 8.7?

Spoiler

Maybe even a version with a full ERA package

Spoiler

While this pic is not the Type 16 it is based from the Type 16s hull otherwise called MAV-Mitsubishi Armoured Vehicle

Spoiler

Either way we can have a whole line of Type 16s
Don’t even get me started on Type 16s with more camo netting

Spoiler

4 Likes

That’s just an M2 without the barrel.

Yeah your right still it the only one that had RWS and turret shape is different.

This is the rear engine version?

yes
The first of the prototype Maneuver Combat Vehicles to be equipped with a driveable hull and a manned turret.(There is another hull in front of this one to test stability during shooting, but it cannot run because it is not powered.[車体部その1])

2 Likes

I don’t know what the 20mm trunnion-like armor on the main gun is that you can see in the “X-rays” of the Type 10. I have not seen similar tanks from other countries. Instead, when we look at the interior of the tank in the “Armor” section, we see that other countries have modeled trunnions, but Type 10 has none. Does anyone know what this is?