JASDF General Discussion

The Ki-148 was trialed on the Ki-48 but the Ki-102 is confirmed to be the intended or the only intended aircraft we know to use the Ki-148, also give the Ki-102 it’s bombs and AP &/or APHE rounds for the 57mm cannon

3 Likes

Ke-Go / Maru-Ke was an Army weapon and dropped by Ki-67 with one under the belly***

made an error due to confusing wording in a document

1 Like

I made a bug post awhile back claiming that the EJ Kai needs to be equipt with AAM-3s if anyone wants to sign it:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/sZh5LDdROPR3

(Plus) any documents that state or include the AAM-3 on the EJ would be great to be posted on there

3 Likes

Nice but it will most likely be closed as “not a bug” but maybe passed as a suggestion.

2 Likes

Japanese Weapons Master Thread got deleted???

Nope, dead link it seems (fixed)

Here you go

2 Likes

Which reminds me i have to update some of my threads lol

This was posted on the old forum but I thought I’d bring it here for the newcomers.

Essentially, they’re scrapping the heli fleet and moving to UAVs.

4 Likes

yup any hope for domestic or even new foreign choppers are out :(

5 Likes

Was just on the dev server and saw that KI-148 have gotten it’s own icon and also F-104J have gotten a slight buff as it now can carry 6x missiles instead of 4x

5 Likes

I just wish it would get it’s zunis, 19 shot hydras, and bombs.

Agree on that, Would be a nice small buff as i personally would use it a bit more as it’s a nice looking jet with some of the skins it has.

hello everyone, I have a question how to play f-1 if I play 90% against mig-21 bis (USSR, Germany, Sweden), Su-25, a-10, mig-23. What am I supposed to do, my God, against their missiles flying all over the field? In the end, I can’t even respond with my aim-9L, because there aren’t any to react to rivals somehow.

After all these years…

Indeed, lots of time toiling with the information provided in the F-104J manual I have. This is actually my first post on the new forums, you guys will start to see reposts of my old suggestions soon.

3 Likes

I don’t think Japanese F-104J’s carried bombs but they did carry more rockets (larger FFAR Mighty mouse rocketpods), possibly Zuni’s as well.

The thing i want to know is that if Japanese F-104’s can carry CM’s

1 Like

It’s been mentioned before that they possibly had them inside the airbreaks but no mention of what they are.

I have some books on the F-104 that mentions bombs being available. As for CMs there is like fireraid said or they could just give it G CMs and the transition for G to J didn’t touch anything other than remove the CCIP computer. The F-104J can also carry an ECM pod called the J/ALQ-4.

5 Likes

I just did a casual web searching today and read that JNAAM got canned at the secret project forum. I guess Japan F-35 exclusively using AIM-120 for now.

1 Like

JNAAM got canned because of internal fighting between the British and French with the release of materials for the program. Japan is just going about a new MRAAM on their own as the only reason it was a joint program was for joint funding. Japan has both ducted missile tech and obviously have the compact AESA seeker tech from the AAM-4B half of things.
Regardless Japan ditched the ducted missile route and is sticking with the conventional layout similar to the AIM-260 as the downsides of a ducted system don’t outweigh the benefits. Unknown on where the UK stands on this though. They haven’t made an announcement of a similar program and I don’t think they realistically can without the tech transfers of the AAM-4B seeker tech that was planned in JNAAM. Maybe they will join on Japan’s program as a partner or something.

7 Likes