Japanese F-14A - An alternate outcome of the 3rd F-X Program

-1, Does Japan Operate the F-14? If they do get one then China gets the F-20A. If they did Operate it it would need to be Iranian operated

2 Likes

-1, Definetly NO

4 Likes

yea by that logic Israel could get the f-14 too

8 Likes

Ok in a hypothetical situation if US tested the Su-27 they should get it.

2 Likes

+1 just bc it has the chance of being added as a premium, that way i dont need to grind the american one and i can just buy it

2 Likes

True, idk tho

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it :)

1 Like

The F-14AJ is a joke

same for the F-16AJ and J-11A. like it feels like gaijin hates japan and china equally.
Like instead of F-16AJ they could have the mitsubishi F-2 or even at least keep the F-16AJ and put the mitsubish f-2 after it. Same for J-11A. J-11B is much much more unique and not copy paste at all, but gaijin added J-11A which is copy-paste; in fact, i would still be fine with J-11A if they folded J-11B with it

4 Likes

it would be too powerful at the BR the F-16AJ is, perhaps a prototype version could go there but I know little in that regard how that would work

I expect this is what’s gonna happen, it could be 12.7-13.0 depending on how the radar is and what missiles it gets

Such as?

1 Like

I’d wager they mean the Ho-Ri Prototype and Ho-Ri Production, which in all fairness I’d love to see the things replaced with the actual Ho-Ri as approved for production but best save that for another topic.

3 Likes

All of japan low tier which is easily destroyed with 12.7mm fire. only japan low tier tank that is actually slightly decent is chi-ha.

Okay, but two tanks isn’t “full of paper tanks”, which was his claim.

2 Likes

I think this was about paper as in “drawn up but never built”

In that case it’s probably the Ho-Ri Prototype, which is based on outdated information suggesting the sloped armor, rear casemate design was final. This tank did start conversion from unfinished Chi-Ri hulls near the end of the war, however we now know it’s the wrong design.

This is what the final Ho-Ri really would’ve been:

Spoiler

Ho-Ri II

Of course there’s also the “Ho-Ri Production”, but that was a completely fictional design Gaijin requested their Japanese consultant at the time to make, to match the current top tier of late WWII heavy tanks. I’d consider that one actually fictional rather than paper.

I can’t think of any other paper tank in the tree though, so I don’t quite get the “full of” part.

6 Likes

Chi-Ha Kai, Chi-He, Ho-I, M24. All pretty good.

Aye, that’s honestly the only ones I could think of in the tree. Everything else was either full; production or a prototype. I’m unsure where this idea that Japan is full of paper comes from.

(Also I would absolutely support replacing the Ho-Ri Production with the real design)

5 Likes

I’d say that’d be a good idea, especially now with the Type 99 added for a while that I always thought would be a suitable replacement at the BR.

The real Ho-Ri would probably not be at the same BR, being a Chi-Ri hull with a much thinner casemate than what is found on the “Production” in game, but the twin 20mm AA cannons and secondary 37mm cannon would make it pretty unique wherever it is placed.

2 Likes

Even 1st XF-2A prototype would be way too strong for 12.0. It’s still an F-16C airframe with an AESA radar and AAM-3.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be OP at all, bigger wing surface makes it better in turning but loses speed faster (as far as I understood it), similar or worse T/W ratio, AESA radar with only SARH missiles (if even that) which basically has zero advantages then and only 4 IR missiles…

2 Likes