Japan Su-27

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Su-27KI/Su-27SKM should be able to carry guided bombs, anti-radiation missiles, air to ground guided missiles and anti-ship missiles. It would complement a spot Japan top tier is missing.

Talking about weapons that Japan has only started expressing interest in very recent years. If Japan had decided to buy the Su-27 they definitely wouldn’t have HARMs and guided bombs to follow their policies of the time.

Either way, Su-27 isn’t needed, Sweden must not become an example and excuse for other nations to get stuff they simply tested, the game will get too out of hand in the realm of ridiculous if we followed the trashy way Sweden’s tree has been made.

8 Likes

Yes, the F-2 can carry air to ground guided munitions. But it also has an ASEA radar, very good flight peformance and very good air to air missiles. The Su-27 could be a potential, unique middle ground of aircraft between the F-15J MSIP/F-2 and the F-1/F-4EJ Kai/F-16AJ.

I don’t think it is enough to suggest everything that meets the eye. Moderation is necessary. Japan already has the F-16AJ, which is a special measure, and the F-15J, which is top-ranked and fully usable.

6 Likes

Yet another F-16AJ? Please, no!

9 Likes

I think this will just ruin the identity of the TT.

13 Likes

no country should have copy paste veichleds in wt

3 Likes

Hahaha, that’s a very unique idea!
Maybe it’ll be a bridge to adding Indonesia to the game in the future.
So, +1 from me

1 Like

If you really want a Flanker in Japnese TT, the Indonesia SU-27/SU-30 are better option

4 Likes

R2Y2 v5?
Hell no

2 Likes

Indeed, as long as Indonesia operates the Su-27, this option is the most realistic.
However, without precedent, it would be almost impossible to add the Flanker to the game, which Japan considered but did not introduce.

Not really comfortable about Japan getting a Su-27, so maybe as an event can work if Gaijin allows it. I’m all for the other F-15 variants, F-1 buffs with AIM-9Ls, F-2s, F-2 variants, F-35s.

No country should have purchased them in the first place then oh wait it happened.

The Japanese Flanker program is one of the most legendary Soviet aircraft among Japanese aviation enthusiasts, as is the MiG 25, which was unintentionally imported due to the Berenko incident in 1976. JASDF pilots actually went to Russia to experience piloting the aircraft. (2-4Crews, depending on the report).

Perhaps Japan intended to buy only one for research purposes, like the British de Havilland Vampire, which it purchased only one in 1956. However, Russia ultimately did not allow the purchase.

3 Likes

i think its best to keep happy with what you have in japan rn.
the F-15J is still new. No need to taint a TT.
if A-G is your concern, there are better options:
the F-1 and F-2 (with balanced loadouts)

1 Like

what are the balanced loadouts?

One F-16AJ is not enough and here we go dear gaijin give us another one please? No thanks

3 Likes

It would be nice if Gaijin put out a post essentially saying that they will try their best to accomodate the nations as best as they can but are heavily limited (especially in this era of aviation) on what they can add without resorting to more paper planes.

Japan’s Su-27, like the F-16AJ, is an unknown entity that does not exist in reality.
However, the Indonesian Su-27 does exist and is by no means a paper airplane.
This also makes it possible to add Indonesia to the game.
But I can also understand the feeling of having a negative reaction…