Japan Su-27

Gets even funnier if you choose the 500lb version. Instead of 17 bombs per plane, you could have 24. On the F-1 it’s an even bigger difference, 5 vs 12.

There’s some serious meme potential here.

1 Like

Sadly the size of the guidance kit doesn’t allow for them to be put one behind another on the 6 bomb MERs so it’s 3 at maximum for both types.

This means a phantom would carry 15 of them

The F-1 can actually make proper use of the 500lbs lower weight though, carrying up to 10 of them (but only 5 750lbs ant maximum)

2 Likes

Ah, I failed to account for that. Good spot.

No.

I want the F-2 ingame for Japan, not some copy/paste they never even actually bought…

1 Like

Thread cleaned up…

Things will remain Civilized!

Warning issued for a certain Member… he has a few days to think about his actions on our Forum…

So, keep it Civilized and take it easy… and it is best not to interact with certain members, either take it to PM or flag / report their content, Thanks!

6 Likes

It’s a mixture of different designs, not a copy-paste. There is a time and when to call it a copy-paste however the exterior is sure but internally no since the only thing that’s copied and pasted is the exterior but the internals are completely different.

The F-2 cannot perform to the same standards as the F-16. It is slightly worse.

F-2 actually is slightly more agile due to the larger wings, but the acceleration will suffer due to the slight increase in weight considering it uses the same engine.

So I wouldn’t say it’s worse overall, it’ll just need a slightly different playstyle.

As for the Su-27, as I’ve said before in this thread, it’s completely unnecessary. Japan has enough potential for the air tree to not require it’s addition. The only reason the F-16AJ made it in the game was because Japan would’ve had nothing until the F-15, even moreso if they had decided to only add the 15A at first, which ended up not being the case luckily since Japan only used the F-15C. But with the F-15 and the future of the F-2’s addition, the Su-27 is completely unnecessary.

In fact, now that we have the Thai air tree coming in the future, it’s all the more reason not to give Japan the Su-27. In fact, I’d rather see Gaijin remove the F-16AJ from the tech tree and just add the Thai F-16 ADF to stop the complaints and having the AJ be the excuse for other stupid suggestions such as this one, keep the Swedes for being that scapegoat…

6 Likes

Didn’t gaijin say the F-16AJ was very much a special exception and shouldn’t ever be taken as an example?

4 Likes

If only they made this as a what if instead of the F-16 AJ lol People who are all about “realism” would still be upset but to me this makes a lot of sense.

Spoiler

121977-cb7f55db0fc00879dcdd9daeafd192a1
121976-c1262f4be9f2668c127f6e3107f61829
121975-d232e8cf9c45f7c2321d04abefe5a01c
121974-0dc0b33705b03bef9c41d8a8afff272f

7 Likes

As much as I’d love to see the JF-210, I doubt it could be compared to the F-16 at all. It was Mitsubishi’s domestic FS-X design for what was later pressured into the US/Japan collaborative project that became the F-2.

The JF-210 would’ve used an AESA radar system of multiple arrays. These actually seem to have been built, so maybe if we look into it more we can get an “unfinished prototype” suggestion for it.

Spoiler

pITPSaP (1)

But that still means that it might be a bit too powerful, even now. Though we are slowly approaching the performance it would have, since like the early F-2s, it wouldn’t carry any ARH missiles. I can see it fitting in maybe 0.3-0.7 BRs over where the early F-2 will sit.

Spoiler

2 Likes

EFT at home, looks very cool.

Sorry if I misunderstood as it looks like you said the F-2 didn’t have ARHs early on, but the F-2 entered service with ARH missiles. The F-2 was equipped with the AAM-4, which was introduced in 1999, from the outset of the aircraft’s introduction in 2000.

1 Like

The earliest models of F-2s in service lacked the J/ARG-1 transmitter necessary to operate AAM-4 missiles.

This device was later fitted, making them compatible, though I’m not sure if it was done with the change to J/APG-2 radar, or if J/APG-1 was also combined with J/ARG-1 at some point.

2 Likes

For the first time, I learned that the JF-210 was planned to have multiple radar arrays. I’ve also researched the JF-210/FS-X, so it’s very interesting.

2 Likes

this is maybe the worst and weird suggestion i’ve ever saw in my entire life lol

3 Likes

There’s more weird suggestions though not so weird like this:

3 Likes

+1 this would be a really cool addition imho

-1, If I read the username well you’re the op of Japan F-14 suggestion post?
There should no more fake vehicle into game, especially Japan have F-15s and F-2s, so “give them fake vehicles to fill the preset” won’t be a proper reason like Sweden Apache
If a TT could get a vehicle just because of they Tested it especially they send them back instead of bought it like Japanese Vampire, then the nation matchmaker and nation tree will be ruined by American T-84BM, T-90M and more things like this

3 Likes

according to the sources I found there’s evidence they did

this already happens with Shermans, T-34s, P-51s, and ton of other vehicles in mid tier

Have’t you see what I said?

Many nations bought Sherman, T-34, MiG-21 and many things else, but this means they actually used and operate it, or like Italian F-16 ADF, they rent many vehicles for a long time to make them operatable
I don’t mind Japanese Vampire because they bought and it’s operatable if they want, but Sweden Tiger 2 is unmoveable (suspention system was broken, so it was only used as a target), and for your suggestion it’s even worse — at least the Tiger 2 is in Sweden now and they bought from France, instead of just tested by one pilot or rent just 1 vehicle and send it back after tested it, or even like this Japanese Flanker which is just a “what if”

1 Like