J-8F problems collection(MAWS, PL-11, IRCCM missiles)

Then the issue about the J8F would rather be to add a new PL-11(B?) version to the plane rather than giving it the PL-11 that can’t be used on it…

All internet rumors or “unreliable” internet articles
if there are any truly reliable source, there wouldnt be this topic

1 Like

like the new source I found about J-8F’s maws, say it’s installed in J-8

1 Like

Is the “中国飞机全书” encyclopedia a source that can be used for bug reporting?

I think the later is very plausible since if J8H received any modernisation, it will be first consideration for them to give J8H active radar homing capabilities. It is also possible some early J8Fs are produced with J8H equipment since with every J8 it seems the radar and on board avionics are always slower to develop in comparison to the actual plane.

I doubt Gaijin will give us more J8s

1 Like

Anyone think the addition of early J8 (J8I) or J8II M with R27 capabilities. These could be very interesting, also in the 中国争气机 video a test variant was mentioned, they could be quite unique jets to have.

1 Like

I think so, this book is referenced many times by the Gaijin mod.

Ok thanks, i’ll try to get one.

Well there has to be some sort of J10 line so the J7s will probably get moved over to supplement that line and more J8s in this one.

I agree with you but to the average player it would be the third plane with the same airframe, maybe it could be too “lazy”?

Yeah that would be a cool way of implementing it.

back to the topic of whether J-8F can fire PL-11, do we need to be so nitpicking and has to distinguish whether the J-8F was converted from J-8H or some other J-8 model? Even if only SOME J-8F can fire PL-11, I think there is already a reason to give J-8F this capability in the game.

2 Likes

I mean it could be wishful thinking but I found many of the ‘test’ J8 variants very interesting like the J8 object ‘82’ 八二工程样机 which has F16 avionics on and the J8 IIM with R27 capabilities. Also in the 中国争气机 video there was a variant J8II ACT at Shengyang museum for planes which have undergone tests for FBW and FCS. It also have a canard which is very interesting.

1 Like

I agree but the fact that some J8Fs can will be insufficient to get all J8Fs PL11 never mind the fact that we don’t know whether it is PL11B or a specially modified PL11

Just as a fun fact, this is how the PL-5B looks irl, very much akin to a naval sidewinder. To me there’s no way it can pull 30G, the old 20G value should be brought back and it should be replaced by the PL-5C as a stock missile of the J-8F

Spoiler

IMG_2826
IMG_2827
IMG_2748
IMG_2772

Granted, there are some sources saying it’s 30G but some of them describing PL-5B together with PL-5C in one bracket, and the B is the only production variant without double delta canards

If the sources claim it pulls 30gs then yours is simply a subjective opinion based on the performance of a missile from a different nation… i would prefer to listen to the sources.

2 Likes

As I said, not all of them did, the other mentioned value was 21G off the top of my head, 21G single plane pull equals 30G dual plane.

Well if they decided to go with the 30G ones it might be because they are more reliable sources? This is me questioning, not affirming anything, when i started playing the PL-5B already had 30gs.

2 Likes

I’m not into nerfing the B just for the sake of it, but it’s simply suspicious that it would be able to pull as hard as the C or newer version, while having much smaller fin area