J-7E should have get PL-8

i was referring to the J7D which is a mig 21.
the J7e is not a mig 21 as it has a different wing design as well as armament and nose design

If you read my post properly you would realise the point i was making is that the J-7E is at 11.0 for a reason, it’s too good for 10.7 and if you give it the PL-8 it would have to go up to 11.3 but even with PL-8s I think it would be too bad for 11.3, just compare it to the MiG-23MLD, F-4S, Kfir C.7 and Kurnass 2000, the J-7E with 4 x PL-8 wouldn’t be anywhere near as good as those aircraft.

Giving it PL-8s only dooms the J-7E to permanent obscurity, it will never be worth using ever again, at least as it is now it will have a place in the future matchmaker

4 Likes

even so, if not pl8’s then an all aspect pl5b, nothing wrong there, it faces 12.0 a lot and an all aspect pl5 wont break 10.x since there are already all aspect missiles at that BR range (r60, aim9l)

It could potentially receive the PL-5E to give it all aspect capability at 11.0 though I’m not entirely familiar with the capabilities of that missile

I believe the PL-5 is the preferred missile for the J-7 series IRL as the PL-8 weighs considerably more

did it use PL-5E irl?

That’s why we need new J-7 variants if we want new missiles for it.

I got an idea could add PL-8 or PL-8A replace PL-2, PL-5B replace by PL-5E or PL-5C because PL-5B quite low flare resistant

J-7E might be increase to 11.3 or 11.7 and move to rank VII

A J-7E at 11.3 doesn’t sound like a fun time, even with the PL-8 it would be outclassed by everything at that BR.

You guess J-7E might increase at 11.7 & move to rank 8 if PL-8A with IRCCM or PL-8 replace PL-2 and PL-5B replace by PL-5E ?

No I think the J-7E would increase to 11.3 where it would be the worst aircraft at that BR, PL-8A is a Chinese built Python 3 with no IRCCM.

I think the J-7E should receive just the PL-5E and stay at 11.0.

Any move to 11.3 or higher would be bad for the J-7E

The J-7E absolutely doesn’t deserve to be at 10.7.

It would absolutely club everything and becomes an absolute monster on the second sortie. I’m sorry but the plane itself is a very powerful aircraft and doesn’t need Python 3s either.

The issue people should be recognising is not the plane itself but the BR it sits. Right now 11/11.3/11.7 are all essentially 12.0 BR brackets.

BR decompression is needed, not buffing of the J-7E.

3 Likes

Instead of BR decompression I think lowering the matchmaker range from 1.0 to 0.7 would be much easier to implement and solve most if the issues with the matchmaker right now.

2 Likes

That is BR decompression, just another method outside of increasing BR bracket numbers.

There’s a lot of 11.0/11.3 vehicles that could shine in their own right when not facing the 12.0 monsters. Same could be said for majority of other brackets.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s been my experience that in a full uptier there are very few aircraft at least that can hold their own or really do anything in a match, however most aircraft are capable enough against opponents 0.7 higher that while obviously at a disadvantage there is still plenty of room to succeed, you just have to know how to fly right.

like for example recently I really wanted to fly out the F-104S ASA, which I think is generally considered one of the worse 11.3 aircraft in the game, and while I didn’t have an easy time of it, that day I was able to rack up 1 or 2 kills most games and even managed a 4 kill against 12.0, nothing amazing but a solid performance.

On the other hand I’ve barely touched 11.0, there are some aircraft that can just about be used there but for the most part you don’t have any strengths to rely on in those uptiers.

And the annoying thing is that changing the BR range from 1.0 to 0.7 shouldn’t have any noticeable effect on the time it takes to find a match, if anything it might help as there is less of a pull towards those certain BR’s that don’t get full uptiers every match given that there will be a lot more aircraft that are genuinely usable.

I love the j7e, is the only “mig21” I like.

I don’t want it to be uptiered so I’d rather wait out for top tier to be 12.3 and the j7e takes the place of the f5e currently at bulling 10.0 matchmaking

1 Like

also instead of the J7e having pl2s as a researchable missiles, it should get pl2e’s (which i believe is a reverse engineered aim-9e) and could also be added to the J7II

I’m fine with it having pythons, if you’re fine with it going to 11.7.

No,Israel have Pythons at 11.0 so why would J-7D go to 11.7 lol. Its still 21MF in the end,which is 10.3 airframe seeing 12.0 nearly every game while not having any BVR capability or all aspect IRs.

I think he mean J-7E up to 11.7

They can give it PL-5E or even the PL-5EII(includes IRCCM) both of these missile pull less Gs than PL-8. So J-7E can still have the same BR while getting a new all aspect missile.

1 Like