J-11A Dev Thread

TBH, I am pretty satisfied with JH7A at 11.7 with its current loadout already.
My biggest issue with the JH7A is not that it doesn’t have SARH Fox1 or ARH Fox3s, but the structural strength.
The number of wing overload crashes in this thing is beyond tolerable. I never had any problems with my MiG29G or F16. Even in J11, it’s pretty rare.
The structural extreme speed is 1.15 Mach, which is very bad since IRL is designed to be a supersonic bomber. Anywhere beyond 0.9 Mach, you could expect a usual roll or turn to tear its wings off, especially at low altitude maps. I can make you a 20-minute compilation of my wing overload crashes that came out of nowhere with 0 notice of “Reduce speed,” Etc.
Also, it has about a thousand kilometers of operational range IRL compared to in-game, like 40 or so minutes, but I don’t care about this point too much, TBH.
Just fix the wing overload crash for the QoL, I’m satisfied already.

The wing rip thing can be delt with by just bringing bombs cause it can’t get over mach 1.03 on the deck but it can be annoying, the range issue has actually been dealt with, it has 3 drop tanks on the dev server. I’m still voting for it getting missiles though, with separate br’s for air and ground the missiles won’t effect its CAs ability cause they go on the bomb pylons so you can only bring one or the other.

The benefit of the lower g’s is less drag at long range. Irl it had 100km of range but it’s less in game, should still keep its energy well. Don’t think the j11a carried pl12’s though.

Ah I see, seeing the report was passed I thinkt that’s all the information we require from the book for now.

However the separate radar report to give the J-11A MLU the N001VE needs another secondary source or a primary source to pass, so we need to find another book or document regarding that.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen here.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Ff6EMh208XWU

Gaijin didn’t want to add Kh-29T or any other guided ordnance on the J-11A.
So if J-11A is going to be left in the state in the live server as it is right now on the dev server, it’s fair to put it down to 12.0 in Ground RB. If you are going to leave JH-7 at 11.7 and F16 MLU at 12.0, both of which have guided ordnance, there’s no reason to put J-11A above 12.0.
Even MiG-29G at 12.3 is a bit too high for Ground RB. It should be 12.0 as well.
J-11A will be the single least capable CAS plane in this batch, with literally 0 guided munitions.

Next best thing we can do is get the addition of MAWS and a better RWR to make it somewhat different to the SU-27SM at least.

1 Like

I agree!

With the rate of development and the additions the J-11A will bring in-game I have absolutely zero incentive to actually grind this thing. It could end up dead on arrival if they keep it at the current state which it is.

Gaijin for some ungodly reason decided to choose a vehicle with absolutely no information about it instead of adding the fully domestic J-11B, I’ll probably only play the J-8F and stay away from Air RB until we get a viable fighter for top battle ratings.

Yet another Gaijin classic taking place!

3 Likes

I agree fully. It’s almost incomprehensible that they added the J-11A over the J-11B.

We can only hope they add the B variant soon. There no reason the top tier Chinese jet shouldn’t have domestic missiles when they literally gave it to the J-8F. It’s almost like they went out of their way to make the new jet uninteresting but what can you do.

3 Likes

MAWS added for J-11A in dev server.

Getting my PC repaired, would you be able to take a photo for me?

Good news, MAWS added.
Although I think modern RWR is more important, just tired of it. It reminds me of the suffering time playing CN helicopters.

shouldnt the J11a get the N001VE. considering we have the later J11a in game with MAWS ?

Not sure we should push our luck

Currently the open issue asking for N001VE still lacking 1 source

1 Like

I̶s̶ T̶h̶e̶ J̶-̶1̶1̶A̶ g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶o̶ r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶ P̶L̶-̶1̶2̶?̶ I̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ a̶r̶e̶ a̶ f̶e̶w̶ p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶s̶ o̶f̶ i̶t̶ e̶q̶u̶i̶p̶p̶e̶d̶, g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ w̶e̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ M̶A̶W̶s̶ i̶t̶ s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ b̶e̶ c̶a̶p̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ i̶i̶r̶c̶.

nvm, I stand corrected.

J-11A MLU :new MFD
20150116lq0006
v2-dd2a8063366c929c7f1f4e46d7177a3e_xld

1 Like

The J-11A we have in-game is the MLU as it can carry R-77s, I doubt we’d get its unique cockpit as Gaijin has little information on the vehicle.

I’ve gone ahead and put together all the sources I’ve found (plus the ones from IsurusOxyrinchus) into this bug report, so I guess its just wait and see.

I will be very annoyed if they claim that there’s still insufficient sources.

2 Likes