J-11A Dev Thread

There is still hope for MAWS even if they stick to the J-11A. There is reasonable consensus that one of the improvements in the A variant is the addition of MAWS, and the fact they added it in the 3D model.

Still an odd choice to add the A, since documentation is so scarce and what we do have indicate it was almost just a collection of some stopgap modifications of the J-11 until the J-11B arrived as a fully fledged indigenous variant.

Still wouldn’t warrant the grind of a entire new vehicle if we are getting a inferior SU-27SM plus MAWS. It would be very similar to the J-11 and wouldn’t really bring anything special besides Fox 3s which can already be found on the J-8F.

Gaijin chose the lazy easy method and made a copy and paste vehicle, added minimal additional models for the MAWS and added only 1 type of missile which isn’t even unique to the nation.

They modelled the MAWS → don’t implement it in-game → and reject any reports addressing the issue.

We are currently at peak Gaijin gameplay here, how does one model something with zero function behind it?

Seems like they’ve done minimal research on the J-11A due to there being little information, something which could’ve been completely avoided if the J-11B was introduced.

Great job Gaijin, you’ve shot yourself in the foot yet again

7 Likes

It’s a little bit sad, as it is the J-11A should be a foldered plane with the J-11, akin to how the F-16A and ADF are.

It really isn’t a “new” plane at all. Lacks any unique functionality or gameplay.

1 Like

I honestly believe the J-11A shouldn’t even be present in-game, Gaijin is okay with skipping F-16 variants but when it comes to China and their Flankers its a big no no.

F-16AF-16C

No-one bats an eye

J-11J-11B

Everybody loses their minds

6 Likes

Why do you use bold so much

Because using bold text can be used to emphasize points and important parts of the text.

Do you have an issue with it?

2 Likes

Don’t lose hope yet, there is still one issue kept open for the moment, and I have added some reference from a recent book stating J-11A has MAWS upgrade
J11A should have MAWS // Gaijin.net // Issues

3 Likes

I have combined all relevant information from previous bug reports, replies, threads etc. into one massive bug report. Any and all further contribution in the replies section is welcome! Would especially appreciate any help with translations. It’d also be super helpful if we could get more images from that book gultraman posted, along with any other books or documentation.

J11A Combined Avionics Bug Report // Gaijin.net // Issues

5 Likes

Great work! This may make the J-11A MLU a good aircraft with the MAWS.

3 Likes

Report has been acknowledged :)

4 Likes

PL-12 is in-game

J-11 is a basic Su-27. J-11A is an Su-27SM with exported features like the N001VE instead of VEP, which I believe differs in a lack of ground mapping.
J-11B is a domestic J-11 based off an SK, and it features WS-10s and a new home-built radar.

J-11A MLU, which we have in-game, also adds better technological systems like MAWS.

Narrowly speaking, J11A is only the Su27SK produced by China under license, only the J11A MLU has N001VE and allow to use R77

What information do you need from the book? I think that’s all from the book related to the J-11A upgrades. If you have something in mind, I can go check again.

Yup, got it mixed up. Thanks for that.

Yippee

I guess there’s no way they’re going to leave it like that in the live server. J11 has a little bit more weight, but I don’t see why it hinders the plane from being worse than Su27. However, if you check the stats this time, J11A’s stat is copied from J11, while Su27SM has 0.1s more turn time and several meters more climb rate, which makes them a bit more different from each other.
And yes, the ordnance is much better on the dev server. I really don’t think they are going to leave it like that, or they are out of their minds. For reference, JH7 has 2xKh29T and 4xGBU at 11.7. It also has 4xAAM, albeit no Fox3 or Fox1.
And I presume most Su25SM3 players will switch to Su27SM after the patch.
One thing I like about how they implemented J11A and Su27SM in this patch is that they modeled both with different appearances, with SM featuring IRST on the side rather than in the center and J11A featuring a unique optic MAWS from the MLU (Albeit doesn’t really work?)

Take it easy!
o7

The jh7a is supposed to carry 4 kh29’s not 2 and its also supposed to carry pl12’s. It’s just gimped right now

3 Likes

Yes, but that’s about balancing and stuff. I have no problem with JH7A receiving PL12 and HMD(since for the A variant, they use the TK-10A helmet from J10C, which has HMD) and then raising it to 12.3.
For J11A, I would say wait and see for right now, and check it later until the live server update. PL12 is also one of the lowest G Fox3 missiles. If the J11A didn’t get R77 but rather the PL12 with only 38g overload, that would make more players freaked out.
I think they will add 4Kh29s to match the Su27SM, or they are out of their minds.