It’s fixed! №97

Today, we’ll be going over the bug fixes and improvements that we’ve made to the game over the past 2 weeks. Let’s take a look!

If you’ve found a bug that you’d like to report, you can do so on our community bug reporting platform.

Countermeasures that divert missiles

Players reported strange behavior with laser-guided or semi-automatic missiles. They’d lose control if the vehicle that fired them began firing flares or chaff. This bug rendered many popular ATGMs useless if the helicopter that fired them was forced to use countermeasures to escape return fire. It has now been fixed.

Damage to helicopter avionics

Thanks to player feedback and collected statistics, we’ve found out that the chance of damage to avionics in helicopters that had not yet received detailed internal modules when the fuselage was damaged was too high, so we’ve significantly reduced it.

This is how it works! The high explosive impact of ammunition of calibers that are less than 23 mm and the kinetic impact of ammunition of calibers less than 25 mm will not damage helicopter avionics in principle. This does not apply to shells with radio fuzes, which still effectively destroy various elements of avionics. Ammunition of calibers that are less than 30 mm will almost never knock out all the avionics of a helicopter with a single hit.

As more helicopters get additional modules, their damage model will become more realistic. Be sure to stay tuned as we’ll let you know when more helicopters get detailed avionics!

New ground training missions

The list of available training missions is growing. We’ve added tutorials on how to use binoculars, a laser rangefinder and anti-aircraft guided missiles with infrared seekers, both with and without uncaging.

You can launch these missions under Battle > Tutorial from the hangar. Laser rangefinder training is also available from the vehicle modification research window when you open the corresponding modification there.

That’s not all!

You can find the full list of improvements in separate changelogs! Here’s some more: the J-10A received an additional 800 liter drop-tank, which doesn’t replace missiles, the sounds of fires no longer resemble engine sounds, and the aircraft available for research now again display the button for selecting secondary weapons for a test flight.

5 Likes

So are you saying is that a .50 cal or the 20mm from Marder or Wiesel doesn’t damage the helicopter avionics?

What are we shooting with? Blanks?

5 Likes

Is it me or the CV 9035NL still sound the same? Both FIN and DK have been updated.

This is the weirdest possible way helicopter armor could’ve been implemented…

1 Like

So, a massive WW2 bomber with high redundancy, multiple engines and built to fly through flak defences to drop its bombs…

Dies like nothing to a single 20 round burst from 20 mm guns, but apparently those same 20 mm guns cannot damage avionics.

Seriously, fire at a bomber for like an 1 second trigger pull from a P-51 or F4U-4B and it is losing its tail, wing or outright exploding.

1 Like

So helicopters are now immune to 20mm cannons?

1 Like

When i’m ok to add more resistance to those modules, saying that every gun with less than 25mm perforating power will not damage the modules, this pretty is wrong as the damage to the structure of the helicopter isn’t accounted for the next impact.

Most helicopters today are not that protected:
Most early helicopter have a lot of windows surfaces, from which a single .50 could go through and kill anyone after that.

Same goes with modern helicopters.
Apart some sensible areas (engine/cockpit) a helicopter weight is scrupulously reduced at the minimum (“all or nothing” type of armor, alike Battleships)

And considering that Aluminium is the main material of any helicopters → the armor penetration of a .50 cal is sufficient to pierce through.

Because,
A .50cal can perform up to 23mm of penetration against plain RHA Steel armor.

But RHA steel armor is able to withstand a lot more.

Also most RHA steel armor are having specifications around 1000 to 1700 MPa and a Hardness from 300 to 400 Brinells

This is far more than Aeronautically which mostly used Aluminium (2017A or 2024)

It’s only until recently that helicopters such as Tigre, Ah-64 or AH-1Z are using more composite/kevlar duo of material as skin structure, and even those are degraded after a few shots.

This kind of module protection is then over applied, and should only be applied onto top tier Helicopters, due to having Kevlar/composite armor.

I hope this “avionics” thing linked to the helicopter body won’t stay for long and proper detailed DMs will come to other machines.

Nonsense! What should have been down is that helicopter armor should be modeled and reduce damage from incoming fire and be resistant to 23mm HE and 25mm and less non AP rounds, but certainly not AP and even less AP with tungsten/cermet core. Basically it should work like the cell module but stronger.

1 Like

abrams fix when

1 Like

Good job you completely failed to understand how automatic weapons work give you a hint, you’re not firing 1 round, you’re firing multitudes.

The moment you see a tracer is the moment several rounds are left in each barrel. Shockingly I’ve survived planes with 20mm’s and even 30mm’s shooting at me simultaneously. Managing to keep the damn thing flying, on one engine, little to no more guns.

I don’t agree with how Gaijin does things cause it is not “How it works”. However, in terms of bombers, they would take a lot of damage if the damage model was replaced that is.

However, most have not.

I’ve specifically counted the ammunition counts before and after bursts.

500 rounds before guns on target, 480 rounds after the burst where I’ve even walked my shots.

Do you mean flew threw your shots? Cause I don’t recall Planes having feet. I know they are based on birds but they only have wheels made of rubber at best.

Hi @Stona_WT,
does this mean that any weapon below 23mm does not damage helicopters anymore?

Are you not aware of the term, “walking your shots”?

You aim AT the target, or at a guesstimated lead. You fire a shot burst and gently increase/decrease your lead to catch them in your stream of fire.