Is the TU-95M playable on land mode?

This topic is a tip on how to play the TU-95M in ground mode and gives my analysis of this bomber’s performance based on tests I’ve done with it. Finally, I’d also like to hear about other players’ experiences with this bomber.

Many players believe that the TU-95M in ground mode is impossible to land on the runways we currently have and that it breaks easily, making maneuvers impossible, but there is a way. To use the TU-95M, I recommend that as soon as you start with it, press “S” to reduce engine power and then immediately descend in a zigzag pattern to reduce speed and stay at an altitude below the levels and at a speed of 560~630 km/h.

How this helps
Basically, it gives you less time for your bombs to reach their targets, better map visibility, and thanks to the low altitude and speed, when you get close to the airfield, you’ll be at a speed of around 340-400 km/h if you shut off the engine nearby, making landing easier. This is the most viable way.

Tests
For the tests, I played around 54 matches with the TU-95M using this method and with the 2x FAB-5000 configuration. I had the following results:

  1. In 23 of the matches, I managed to stay over the map and use both FAB-5000s.

  2. In 27 of the matches, I was shot down by an anti-all-out bomber before reaching the map.

  3. In 4 of the matches, I managed to use both FAB-5000s and land at the airfield to reload.

With this method, playing with this bomber on the ground is much easier than playing at high altitudes. The only problem is the high frequency of anti-everything attacks in matches. The TU-95M is designed to fly in straight lines, and therefore, high or low, you will be hit anyway, considering that it cannot dodge high-rate-of-fire attacks.

Is it worth playing with it?
I would say it’s playable. I believe the TU-95M has good potential, but I wouldn’t recommend it at this time. Some time ago, I made a recommendation to reduce the rating by 0.3 in BR for both the TU-95M and the B-52H because they were falling too much against anti-everything attacks. And they did it. There was a 0.3 reduction, and the B-52H became playable and well-balanced. I expected the same for the TU-95M, but that’s not quite what happened. I believe we didn’t take into account that the way to play with the TU-95M is different from the B-52H. The B-52 can spray bombs and drop them at high altitudes without worrying about accuracy. The Tu-95 is something that depends on precision and has a low bomb load. I believe the Tu-95M will only be worthwhile in the future if it receives a 0.3 reduction in ground mode where it can face anti-aircraft fire compatible with its ideal operating altitude (but remember that this is my opinion based on the experience I had with it. I am open to differing opinions).

Well, now I’d like to hear your opinions and also about your experiences with the TU-95M. Do you think it’s good or bad? Balanced or unbalanced? Easy to play or not? Did you have a good or bad experience with it? Comment below.