Is the j35xs Jet Worth It? Major Concerns Over Potential 50% Turn Rate Nerf in War Thunder

I found a manual that says the Draken could exceed more than 18-20°deg/s, when the aircraft reach the critical angle of attack, its way more than the 12°deg/s that the dev answered in the RideR2 bug report.

2 Likes

That fits with the aircraft able to pull stupid Gs from above.

Honestly combined might be enough for a bug report rn, but I want to get the aource they used first.

Have they named the source they used? Last time I heard was sekrit dokuments and cant show it to us.

Its most likely from the flight manuals from the J35J, which cost around $10

Should have them by the end of tonight, so ill start compiling a report then.

1 Like

I hope they actually do something about it. I really like the J35XS.

I also hope that they someday fix the Patria AMV missing composite block infront.

You know about the austrian draken with 24 flares and all-aspects, right?

Yea I have heard about it.
I hope they add that to the game along with Finnish MiG-21MGBT with bombs, AIM-9Ms, extra flare pods, ECM systems, better rwr, etc too.

But I REALLY hope they add other Nordics to Swedish tree as subtrees instead of premiums.

It’s getting even better, another manual contextualize better the numbers.

FLIGHT MANUAL F/RF/TF-35

At 380 knots (703 kmh or 0,56 mach), the J35 CAN pull 7g in the horizontal.

That means at 0.9 mach it NEED to pull higher than that, is obviously, the aircraft have more speed and energy to do that, the increase of AoA below says exacly this.

At mach 0.5 to 0.6, the minimun angle of attack should be 18°-20°.
At lower than 0.5 or higher than 0.5 mach, the angle of attack should be 25°.

2 Likes

And the superstall, like making the cobra maneuver (if im not mistaken) should be reaching up to 60° and 100° AoA, and yet, it should be seconds free to the pilot maneuver and get control back, loosing something like ±400m.

1 Like

OH YEAH
EVEN BETTER

Screenshot_20240603_210014_ReadEra

IT GETS BOMBS

AND

Screenshot_20240603_210156_ReadEra

HEHEHEHA

1 Like

Do you know what “AOA” is. How about sustained turn?

They used the J 35F manual this time

Sux that the J35XS cant get bombs, it would be perfect.

The text in the manual literally started with “the aircraft is capable of very tight turns at constant speed”, it IS sustained turned, and then proced to give that it is capable of keeping something little lower than 25° without entering in superstall.

And about the RideR2 info, well, I cant see it or download the PDF anywhere in internet anyway. It will be in the hand of the Devs.

3 Likes

Also just a note, the j35f is much heavier due to add on avionics, i think its like almost 500kg heavier than the XS due to the avionics being changed and new additions to the pylons and such. Wouldn’t be suprised if the f is much heavier and or has more limits placed on pilots to avoid breaking it on high energy turns

I have it :)
Ill send you the pdf

Which book did you get?

It may be able to, im looking into that atm.

The ones for the:

J35A
J35F
J35J

1 Like

Nice