Iranian Grounds Force Tech Tree

I watched this video and they explained some things about this new tank. They didn’t stated sources for their claims but still could be useful to understand some things about Karrar and Qalavizan.
They showed this tank before in Payambar Azam 17 (Great Prophet 17) exercise but with the name of Karrar. However, this time they named it Qalavizan because Karrar was for Artesh and is done by Defense Ministry Industries. It supposed to be built from ground up but became name of upgrade program for T-72 tanks of Artesh. IRGC asked Shahid Zeynodin Industries of IRGC to upgrade their T-72 tanks to Qalavizan standard then Defense Ministry signed contract. Main visible difference of Karrar and Qalavizan is in gearbox and tracks. Tracks of Karrar has visible rubber and is wider, but Qalavizan has normal tracks of T-72. Qalavizan upgrade standard is more expensive than Karrar upgrade standard but cheaper than building new Karrar from ground up. Unlike Karrar of Artesh, Qalavizan of IRGC has some cool looking cover like premium leo2a4 to reduce thermal signs and has APS. Also, it has remote controlled gun for commander unlike Karrar standard.
In overall what I found out from this video is that there was never a Karrar built from ground up because it was too much expensive. So, they decided to upgrade their current inventory of T-72. Defense Ministry went even more cheap for Artesh and did cut some features, but IRGC wanted them all and got them.
Of course this is a video without any sources or backing so don’t take it very seriously. Also, they said there was never a Karrar built from ground up because they never saw it in public.

Ah, so that’s where Wikipedia got mixed up about the Tosan LT (the one based on the Scorpion LT) being armed with 90 mm, since it’s a different vehicle with the same name.

While I’m cool with knowing the real name of the vehicle, now I’m quite unsure on how to call the three different Tosans to avoid confusion. The wheeled IFV one would be easily called as “Tosan IFV”, though I’m not sure how to distinct the 90 mm Tosan (Type 85) from the Scorpion Tosan and its variant with 30 mm cannon.

Thanks for your great information

So, I’ve finally found more info about this specific BMP-1/2 conversion.

This is the BMP-1/2 (aka Zoljanah) fitted with Raad 2 turret, a lightweight version of the Raad 1 turret mounted on the Makran IFV. The turret is unmanned and has generally the same technology and armaments as the Makran one, but being much lighter. Given what it was based on, it might have capability to launch the Almas missile like the Makran.

The image below shows some of these BMPs Raad 2 that have recently entered service with Iraq’s Popular Mobilisation Forces.

7 Likes

Yes completly, I would play Iran and buy their premiums for SURE

Really good idea, and well thought out, would likewise give a great avenue for future Arabic countries and their vehicles to be implemented into the game!

1 Like

And Hilux trucks! xd

This tank makes my head hurt. What’s with that ERA placement under the turret? is the driver underneath the turret ring? This tank’s turret seems to be place weirdly too forward of the tank.

I want it!

2 Likes

download (16)

Iran has best f14 pilots in the world
And just 2 country had f14 before

Why Iranian f-14 isn’t in this game?!

I like to see them in next updates

7 Likes

Here’s an update on the tree proposal specifically to expand the low tier lineup a bit. I’ve moved the M4A1 (T23), M36B1, and Heidah 41 into the main tree to fill the 5.3 gap and actually giving more reason for the Rakhsh APC to be played. In addtion, I’ve also changed the BR of some vehicles to fit better with recent BR changes.

I’ve also added a handful of vehicles into the proposal, though it’s not much to talk about except that some of them are kind of “copy-paste premium of famous brigade” that other tech tree also have and that they do have some historical significance.

Here are the list of added vehicles.

Khawar (S-60) (tech tree)

Spoiler

Edit: Thanks AspandaIV for informing about the actual name of the trucks.

These license-produced Mercedes-Benz trucks, designated Khawar in Iran, were modified to mount a single 57 mm S-60 anti-aircraft cannon (the same gun on the ZSU-57-2). Iran acquired a number of S-60 mount during the war with Ba’athist Iraq and has used in service since either as a fixed mount or as SPAAG.

K116 (tech tree, foldered)

Spoiler

undefined
Status: Retired. Previously in service with NEZAJA and IRGC.

During the early stage of the Iran-Iraq war, Iran is in a dire needs of a quick recon and light attack vehicle to counter a fleet of Ba’athist Iraq tanks. Because of this, Iran turned to the South Korean company KIA for the order of over 14,200 K111 jeep and its variants.

The K111 is a South Korean derivative of the M606 jeep initially developed for the Republic of Korea Armed Forces (ROKA) in 1978. The design is proven to be successful due to its reliabily and versatility. KIA later offered the K111 series for export, to which Iran is one of the major operators of the vehicle. The success of the K111 would later leads into the development of the Fath Safir jeeps decades later.

This specific version of the K111 is designated K116, which is armed with a single 106 mm M40 recoiless rifle.

Zoljanah (Raad 2) (tech tree)

Spoiler

This is the Zoljanah outfitted with Raad 2 turret, a lightweight version of the Raad 1 turret mounted on the Makran IFV. The turret is unmanned and has generally the same technology and armaments as the Makran one, but being much lighter. Given what it was based on, it might have capability to launch the Almas missile like the Makran.

KM414 Bushehr (premium/event)

Spoiler

Status: Retired. Previously in service with Islamic Republic of Iran Navy (NEDAJA).

The KIA KM414 is a variant of the KM400, a further development of the K111 series of jeep. The vehicle retains largely the same styling as its predecessor, but slightly larger and with more powerful engine. The vehicle is later exported to Iran for the use in Iran-Iraq war.

The KM414’s most prolific user is the Bushehr Marine Rangers Battalion, nicknamed the “Green Beret”, one of the commando units of the Iranian Navy. The unit notably served as a spearhead during the early stage of the Iran-Iraq war, and is instrumental in the Operation Beit al-Moqaddas and the liberation of the city of Khorramshahr.

AMD AML-90 (premium/event)

Spoiler

During the Iran-Iraq war, Iran captured a handful of the AMD AML-90 wheeled light tank fron the Ba’athist Iraq force. Though due to only a handful of them were captured, it was not put in widespread uses compared to the EE-9 Cascavel and quickly phased out after the war.

BMP-1 Beit al-Moqaddas (premium/event)

Spoiler

While this is a copy-paste of the BMP-1, I believe this particular BMP-1 has historical significance as being one of the vehicles used by the IRGC during the Operation Beit al-Moqaddas and the liberation of Khorramshahr. Given the age of the vehicle, I believe it would not have an access to the advanced variant of the Raad/I-Raad ATGM (Iranian variant of the Malyuka missile with SACLOS guidance rather than original wire guidance).

4 Likes

The S-60 SPAA can be called either the “Benz Meiller S-60” or the “Khawar S-60” since Iran does produce the Kurzhauber which is what the Truck in question is called is produced in Iran

2 Likes

Aight, thanks for info m8. Will definitely updated this ASAP.

1 Like

+1,I think gaijin can add iran,The tree is a little complicated, but I’d like to see more possibilities.While gaijin has tried to avoid political leanings, it is a topic of inescapable military weapons.Iran is a Middle Eastern power, and its armament has obvious images of Soviet tanks.I’d love to see the Iranian tree in the game.

3 Likes

Great, but we need more Hilux xd

1 Like

best iran

Exactly
Iran should be added

3 Likes

We had several other examples of American tanks in the Iranian armed forces

such as the M36 GMC tank and the M4A3 as well as the M4T26

I am providing you with photos of these tanks that are in Iranian museums

2 Likes

2 Likes

8d8a47d09b6b6503cef144ba08451e27
iranian m4a3
17939ce2a2d8544fbc924526f5cb4868
iranian m36 b
iranian p47
72535274_2523725734373062_3735428302525956096_n
iranian m4a3 in different camouflage

4 Likes

A strange point to make, cause if people don’t care they wouldn’t mind having such a tree present either.

Double edged sword your argument…

2 Likes