Interwar tanks?

I actually think, they should add almost every tank from world war 1 and a lil later, since
-1. There are already a hand full of ww1 vehiecles ingame
-2. Most Biplanes are from that era.
-3. Its a chance for some new cool historical maps.
(Also this could lead to an 3th Option for ground sb)

2 Likes

Yeah, I need more GSB Br’s and also it should be the “Fun having match.” that grants rewards, like night battles, aswell as a random booster after each match.
I think infantry should be added too, and maybe the battlefield “Breakthrough” kind of gamemode for all modes.

1 Like

I only looked at the german stuff you listed, im all for earlyer tanks, however half the stuff you listed would just inflate the tree with just worse versions, such as the other Pz IIIs (except G and H) and earlyer Pz IVs, cince the C is pretty much the most basic and usable one.

1 Like

“Worse versions” is pretty much the name of what would have to be done if interwar vehicles are added. Pretty much every tree already has late interwar vehicles.

They already removed/want to remove some ww1 tanks due to them being horrible. I dont see them adding any more.

They made a game just for that called “Enlisted”.

1 Like

They already removed/want to remove some ww1 tanks due to them being horrible. I dont see them adding any more.

There hasn’t been a single First World War tank added. You’re confusing them for some interwar vehicles, namely the H35, the FCM 36, and the Ha-Go, which were removed due to being horrible in the current meta after the penetration calculator was implemented, which would be fixed if the BRs are regressed and more interwar vehicles are added to compensate. The vehicles themselves are fine.

2 Likes

Yeah, but there are some exceptions, such as KD-I with FK 16 n.A. L/36 and so on. Which can have a good place in game. Or the Typ 5 Benz-Gaggenau with 8,8 cm Flak L/45, that thing will make holes in even a sherman.

Yeah personally I am all for it so long as the vehicles have some actual usability and are not doom 4kmh vehicles forced to be played like a mk IV landship.

I am still waiting and hoping for gaijin to add things like the A6/7/9/10 and their prototype vehicles for example for the UK, all of them would be actually useful and effective in WT but for some reason gaijin just goes “no” at them.

A10 prototype for example, this would be a solid tank for the UK and disproves the whole “UK didnt know about angled armour” myth. (IIRC the creator died shotly after it was made and that set UK tank development back by a few years)

Instead of a Nuke, would the Interwar tanks BR have armored train call-ins :)))?

1 Like

Those exceptions mainly only apply to self-propelled guns. Though, a lot of them from the First World War aren’t as good as they first seem, due to information on actual First World War ammunition being polluted by ammunition that had been introduced during the interwar period. That’s a personal difficulty I encountered when trying to figure out the utter crapshow that were Russian First World War armoured cars.

@Wiggly_Armed_Man don’t mind me imma post an entire post from the old forums before the snail does the dumbest thing ever aka the total erase of the old forums.

This was thankfully passed for consideration back then. Still not in game but it would be cool.

1 Like

You still got the ammunition data? I’m currently compiling a reference document of WW1 gun cars. I’ve done Britain and am currently on France, after that I’m doing Russia and Germany. That information would save me a lot of time since and I’d be very grateful. I know how much time and effort goes in trying to weed out the good information from the bad.

1 Like

That was made in 1944, though. It isn’t an interwar design.

It’s in this thread and the results weren’t really conclusive.

Pretty much all First World War Russian cars used imported British-French guns. The only exceptions to this I’ve found were the mass-produced cannon Tryokhkolyoska (“three-wheels”/Трёхколёска) and Garford-Putilovs (Гарфорд-Путилов), and a few prototype and custom-made vehicles including Ulyatovski’s (maybe) (Улятовского), locally-modified Pierce-Arrows (Pirs-Arrou/Пирс-Арроу), and the FVD obr. 1917 g. (ФВД обр. 1917 г.) and Russo-Balt T (Руссо-Балт Т). They all used either the 76-mm obr. 1904 g. or obr. 1910 g. guns, which only had high-explosive and shrapnel projectiles. Technically, they could use HEAT ammunition too since the same cartridge was used all the way to the First World War for similar 76-mm howitzers, but none of them saw service that far. The only exception to this is the Russo-Balt T which was a ZSU/SPAAG with a 76-mm obr. 1914/15 g. gun. Another notable example of these Russian-cannon equipped armoured cars is the “Polkovnik Bezmolitvenny’j,” a White Army tractor that was created in the timeframe of the First World War, barely.

Overall, these are all the guns with their armoured cars:

• 37 S.A. mle 1918

• Lanchester (Ланчестер) (imported machine gun-equipped Lanchesters from United Kingdom, locally modified with cannon)
    • “Renault” («Рено»)
    • “Russo-Balt” type 1 (chassis “Russo-Balt S 24/40”) («Руссо-Балт» тип 1 (шасси «Руссо-Балт С 24/40»)
    • Mannesmann-Mulag obr. 1915 g. (Маннесманн-Мулаг обр. 1915 г.)
    • Mgebrov-White (Mgebrov-Uajt/Мгебров-Уайт)
    • Mersedes (Мерседес)
  • 37-mm O.Q.F. 1-pr. “pom-pom”

• “Russo-Balt” type 1 (chassis "Russo-Balt D) («Руссо-Балт» тип 1 (шасси «Руссо-Балт D»))
  • 40-mm O.Q.F. 2-pr. Mk. II “pom-pom”

• Peerless (Pirless/Пирлесс)
  • 47-mm O.Q.F. 3-pr.

• Mannesmann-Mulag obr. 1914 g. (Маннесманн-Мулаг обр. 1914 г.)
    • Packard (Pakkard/Паккард)
    • Renault (Reno/Рено)
  • 57-mm O.Q.F. 6-pr.

• “Austin” (“Ostin”/«Остин»)
  • 76-mm obr. 1904 g.

• Pierce-Arrow (Pirs-Arrou/Пирс-Арроу)
    • FVD obr. 1917 g. (ФВД обр. 1917 г.)
  • 76-mm obr. 1910 g.

• Ulyatovski’s (Ulyatovskogo/Улятовского)
    • Three-wheeled (Tryokhkolyoska/Трёхколёска)
    • Gul’kevicha (Гулькевича)
    • Garford-Putilov obr. 1915 g. (Гарфорд-Путилов обр. 1915 г.)
    • Garford-Putilov obr. 1916 g. (Гарфорд-Путилов обр. 1916 г.)
    • Marine Garford-Putilov (Morskie Garford-Putilov/Морские Гарфорд-Путилов)
  • 76-mm obr. 1914/15 g.

• Russo-Balt T (Руссо-Балт Т)
1 Like

Thanks!
Do you have more detailed stats of things like projectile weight, muzzle velocity etc.? Or just the sources and I can go look for myself? :)

I don’t, beyond what that @R_nminbiY_n was able to provide. I do know that the common 76-mm howitzer only had high-explosive and shrapnel projectiles to it. The only shrapnel projectiles in the game, the Sh-353 and the Sh-354T projectiles used by the KT-28 guns (or used to) and the L-10 guns, respectively; have a penetration of 18 mm and 31 mm. However, the obr. 1904 g. and obr. 1910 g. howitzers use an even older style of shrapnel that’s more akin to a caseshot rather than the later fragmenting high-explosive. Additionally, they have a lower velocity; the 1904 model having a 290 m/s velocity and the later 1910 model having a velocity lower than 380 m/s, compared to the 370 m/s on the KT-28 and the 560 m/s on the L-10.

1 Like

I know it wasn’t. I’m still posting it cause it would be cool to see.

Oh, I didn’t see that your comment in that thread was replying to someone else, my bad. Thanks again!

Updated the American section with an easier-to-read format, new information, and more vehicles; including:

• T7, M1, M2A1, M3, M3A1, M3A1E1, and M3A1E3 Scout Cars
  • M3A1 Command Car
  • T11, T11E1, T11E2, and Tucker Tiger Armored Cars
  • Christie’s M1919 and M1921 Convertible Mediums, M1931 Convertible, M1921 and M1922 Amphibians, LWMGC (Christie) 75-mm and G.C.2
  • CTM-3TBD, CTMS-1TB1, and MTLS-1G14 Marmon-Herrington tanks
  • Iranian TH-310, TK-5, and TK-6 armored cars

I removed the T5 Combat Car and the CTL-3 and derived versions of it, since they’re only armed with cal. .30 machine guns. I also added a few missing variations of vehicles.

Redid the German section with an even easier(?)-to-read format with specific information about each vehicle. Also added a lot that my dummy brain forgot, namely:

• The Steyr and the Sd. Kfz. 222, 231 (6-Rad), 232 (6-Rad), 231 (8-Rad), 232 (8-Rad), and 233 armored cars.
  • Pz. Kpfw. 38 (t) and its derivatives.
  • A few other miscellaneous vehicles, including the prototypes for the Pz. Kpfw. II and the Stu. Gesch. III, the 4,7 cm tank destroyer based on the Renault R35, and the 7,5 cm Stu. K. auf Pz. Kpfw. 38 (t).

Additionally, they’ve been expanded to encompass, at least most, of the production changes and production series throughout each of the vehicles.

A few interwar-based tanks have been left out. I deliberately ignored vehicles such as the Hummel or Wespe self-propelled guns, since there is no way that they would be anywhere near rank I or below which the entire thread is about. For the same reason, the 5 cm L/60 Pz. Kpfw. III and the 7,5 cm L/43 and L/48 Pz. Kpfw. IV and Stu. Gesch. III aren’t on the list, despite being based on or directly being effectively the same superstructure as their original interwar designs.