PČ-22 Streljko (Shooter)
Was smaller fishing boat which partisans armed and used with one 40 mm, two 20 mm and two 8 mm guns with addition of one 81 mm mortar. She is 15 meters long and 3,9 meters wide with displacement of 17 tones. She was able to achieve the speed of 8 knots while powered by 50 hp engine. Boat was, because of her actions during the war, awarded Order of Merit for the People with a golden wreath. She is today exhibited in Split.
NB-1 Krava (Cow)
Ex fishing boat used by Germans for patroling. She was captured and used by Yugoslav Partisans. Armed with one 40 mm, four 20 mm, one 15 mm and two 8 mm guns. She measured in 25 meters in lenght, 6 meters in width and had displacement 120 tone. Her speed was 11 knots by being powered by 240 hp engine. Her fate ended when she was sunk by German planes on March 20. 1944.
NB-13 Partizan (Partisan)
Tuna fishing boat armed in June 1944 with two 40 mm, three 20 mm and another two 8 mm guns. She had displacement of 24 tones and measured 22 meters in length and 5,5 meters in width. Her engine had 100 hp and was capable of 9,5 knots. Her crew composed of 20 men. Partisan’s career ended on 20th of November 1944 when allied plane struck her down mistaking her for enemy vessel.
NB-11 Crvena Zvezda (Red Star)
At first she was anti partisan boat called Anton. Captured on April 27th 1944. She was larger vessel of the Yugoslav partisans armed with one 40 mm, two 37 mm, one quadruple 20 mm, two double 12,7 mm, two 8 mm guns, 81 mm and 37 mm mortars. She had displacement of 150 tones with lenght of 24 meters, width of 5,5 meters and 135 hp engine and speed of 8 knots. Crew was composed of 29 members. On april 1st it sank as it encountered a mine. 2 sources on internet say she also carried German 88 mm cannon but I can not confirm that, maybe added as a modification.
After the capitulation of Italy in 1943 T1 was returned to Yugoslavian navy and delivered to them to Malta. After the war she became part JRM, got renamed first to ŠBR-91 and then PBR-91 »Golešnica«. They also rearmed her with two single Bofors 40 mm, quadruple German 20 mm Flak 38, two 450 mm torpedo tubes and two depth charges sliders. In 1959, it was used as a target ship and sank at the entrance to the Bay of Kotor.
Rearmed PT-201. With two double 12,7 mm M2 Browning, one 20 mm Oerlikon, 40 mm Bofors and 2 torpedo tubes were planted.
laid down in Ivan Cetinič shipyard in Korcula, launched, entered into the fleet of Yugoslavia. Armed with two 20 mm Hispanos, 40 mm Bofors and 2 torpedos. She measured 24 meters in length and 6 meters in width while powered by 3 V12 Packard 5M-2500 egines enabling maximum speed was 40 knots.
Laid down by the Ivan Cetinić shipyard in Korcula, launched, entered the Yugoslavian fleet made into motorized gunboat (Motorna topovnjača) at the Sava Kovačević shipyard in Tivat. Armed with two 40 mm Bofors and two 20 mm Hispanos. She measured 24 meters in length and 6 meters in width while powered by 3 V12 Packard 5M-2500 egines achieving the maximum speed of little less than 40 knots.
Part of C-80 class, she entered service in 1964. Armed with two thriple 20 mm M55. They had Decca 45 and later Decca 946 radars. Speed of 15 knots. She had crew of 21 and could achieve speed of 15 knots, while being powered by 2 deiesel Mercedes-Maybach engines. Ships of her class were around 30 meters long.
Faster version of C-80 class. Achieving speed up to 18 knots. 4 ships with such modifications were built in 1967.
Part of the first series of Kraljevica-class built in Tito’s shipyard in Kraljevica in 1952. 24 boats under such class were built. They were meant to be used for anti-submarine warfare. She was 41 meters long and 6,3 meters wide. Her armament at first consisted of two Mark 6 depth charge throwers, two Mousetraps or one hedgehog system, one 3’‘/50 mark 22 cannon, one singe barelled 40 mm L60 Bofors and four 20 mm Oerlikon cannons. During 70s 3’'/50 Mark 22 cannon was removed and replaced with two Soviet RBU 1200. She was powered by two MAN W8 V30/38 diesel engines who with producing 1500 hp each propulse two shafts making her achieving maximum speed of 17 knots. PBR-504 was expelled from the Yugoslav navy in 1980s. operated by the crew of 39.
Laid down in 1957 one year after Yugoslavia recieved Le Fougueux-class submarine chaser on which PBR-551 and her sister ship PBR-552 were based on and named Mornar-class. Same as Le Fougueux and Kraljevica-class Mornar was also meant to be used for anti-submarine warfare. She measured 53,3 meters in length and 7 meters in width. Armament from the beginning to early 70s consisted of two 3’'/50 mark 22 cannons, two 40 mm L60 and two 20 mm cannons. Somehwere between 1970 and 1973 they removed 76,2 mark 22 cannons and replaced them with Soviet four RBU 1200. For fighting underwater threats she had two Mark 6 depth charge throwers and Mark 9 depth charge racks. She was propelled four SEMT pielstick PA17V diesel engines which powered two shafts achieving total power of 3250 hp. That made her achieve the top speed of 20 knots. Mornar and her sister ship Borac were both deleted in 1992.
Ship began construction as an Italian Ariete-class torpedo boat Balestra in 1942 in Cantieri Navali del Quarnaro , today Brodogradilište 3. maj in Rijeka but she was not finished before Italian capitulation and so Germans took over the construction and renamed her to TA 47. They also did not finish the works because of bombing raids before the end of the war when Yugoslavia took over, finished the work in 1947 and renamed her to RE-54 Učka. She entered service in the Yugoslav navy in February 1st, 1951 and served until 27th June 1967. She had a length of 83,5 meters and was around 8,6 meters wide. Powered by two steam boilers that produced 22000 hp which propelled two shafts she was able to reach maximum speed of around 30 knots. Because of being build after the war under Yugoslavia her armament was slightly different from her sister's ships as they mounted on her two 88 mm Flak 37 cannons instead of two 100 mm and instead of one she had two 20 mm Flak 38 on her with additional 4 Breda 35 cannons. She had also recieved one triple mounted 450 mm torpedo ]tubes and 2 depth charge throwers. That was operated by the crew of 158.
One of the 11 ships of Mirna-class patrol boat. She is 32 meters long and 6,7 meters wide. Powered by 3660 hp engine she could achieve speed of 32 knots. Her armament consisted of one 40 mm Bofors, one four barreled 20mmm M71 and another four barreled rocket launcher Strela 2M. They were build in 1981. PČ-171 was captured in 1991 and is now being operated by Croatian navy under the name OB-01 Novigrad. She has crew of 22.
Built in 1938 under the name Ramb III by S.A. Ansaldo at Sestri Ponente in Genoa. At first designed and built as a transport ship to transport bananas and people between Italy and their colonial possessions in Africa. Operated by »Regia azienda monopolio di banane«. She was one of the 4 of her class. They were also designed to be fitted with armament during wartime and escort convoys on their rutes. Her armament consisted of 120 mm cannons but sources differ if she had 4 or 2 and as so do for the secondary weapons which were either 13,2 mm machine guns or 20 mm cannons of which both numbers differ depnding on the source. She protected convoys between Italy and North[ Africa and Albania. On 30 May 1941 when she was hit by torpedo fired from British submarine Triumph off the coast of Lybia. Not being completely sunk she was patched and sent to Trieste for more extensive repairs. Still being in Trieste she was captured by Germans on September 16th 1943 after armistice of Cassibile. While serving under Germans Ramb III supported landings on different Adriatic islands. After being refitted and rebulit she began to serve as a minesweeper February 15th 1944. Armament consisted of three 120 mm guns, three 37 mm Breda cannons, 20 mm cannons, other machine guns and could carry up to 240 naval mines. On March 26th 1944 she was renamed to Kiebitz. While laying mines on 13 July 1944 she struck two of her own mines and had to travel to Pula and then to Trieste for repair until August 7th. On September 5th 1944 Kiebitz was bombed and sunk by American bombers during her minelaying mission in Northern Adriatic. On 12 March 1948 she was raised from around 20 meters depth and towed to Pula to Uljanik shipyard. At first she was to be named Istra but Galeb was chosen instead. Reconstruction was finished in 1952. She was armed with four 88 mm cannons, four 40 mm Bofors and six Flakvierling 38, two 12,7 mm Brownings, paravane, two depth charge throwers and could hold 320 SAG-1 or 600 SAG-2 type mines. She also recieved newer navigational equipment including two radars. Propulsion was aslo changed from two Fiat engines which could produce total of 7200 horspepowers to Burmeister & Wain which in total could produce 5000 horse powers which gave her maximum speed of over 18 knots. A refit followed in 1959 by having all 88 mm cannons and four Flakvierlings 38 in exchange for mountingg two additional 40 mm Bofors. Additional modernisation of electronics also took place. The forward of the Galeb was widened and bidge was enlarged. Later the armament was changed again to only four 40 mm Bofors guns and all German Flakvierlings 38 were replaced by four more modern quadruple mounted 20 mm M-75s which are licensed Hispano-Suiza cannons. Addditionaly Galeb recieved three MTU-4 rocket launchers and two 76 mm ceremonial cannons. Under Yugoslav service Galeb served as practice ship and presidental yacht of Josip Broz Tito on which he spent over a year of his life, visited many countries and hosted events and famous people. In 1991 she took part in a war as part of naval blokade of Croatian coast. In December of 1991 she also rescued crew of a sunken ship which transported civilians, trucks and ammunition. In 1992 she was used as transport ship for evacuating troops and was later stationed at Montenegrin naval base in Tivat and Bijela. In 2000 Galeb was sold to Greek ship owner John Paul Papanicolau for $750 000. Ship was meant to be rebuilt but the reconstruction was abandoned in 2001. In 2009 city of Rijeka became an owner and is today still in remont. Galeb is 117,3 meters long and 15,6 meters wide.
RTOP-401 Rade Končar
She was the first of 6 Yugoslav missile boats of Končar-class built in 1977. She measured 44,9 meters in length and 7,8 meters in width. Her top speed was 40 knots which was enabled by two MTU 16 V 583 TB9 which together produced around 7200 hp, two Rolls-Royce Marine Protehus gas turbines which together produced around 9000 hp. All that powered four shafts. Armament consisted of two P20 Soviet rocket launchers, two 57 mm Bofors naval guns and four two barreled RB-128 »Svitac«. After the war she served under FR Yugoslavia and then under Montenegro finishing her career in 2006.
RTOP-401 Rade Končar (AK-630M)
In late 80s into early 90s RTOP-401 and RTOP-402 underwent modification of removing 57mm and switching it with Russian AK-630M.
RTOP-411 Sergej Mašera
Designed during the late 80s in Brodarski Institut in Zagreb in cooperation with Rijeka Brodoprojekt RTOP-411 is armed with 4 to 8 Swedish RBS-15B rockets, 57 mm L/70 in the front and one AK-630M in the back. All that is operated by the crew of 33. Ship propel three Soviet M504B-2 engines which produce the power of 15 153,5496 hp and power two shafts. She measures 53,63 meters in lenght and 8,5 meters in width. All that enables her have the maximum speed of 36 knots. After project being terminated in 1989 it was meant to be restarted in 1991. She was 90% completed but the procrastination of the Croatian workers who waited for the Croatian independence she never sailed under Yugoslav flag but under Croatian flag and under the different name of RTOP-11 Kralj Petar Krešimir IV. As such the name of her class became Kralj-class.
One of two boats of Uskok or Četnik-class. The other being, well Četnik. They were built by Thornycroft Company for Royal Yugoslav Navy. Both served at first under Yugoslav command and later under Italian. They measured 16,7 meters in lenght and 3.35 meters in width. They were powered by 2 petrol engines of 750 hp achieving speed of 37 knots. They were armed with 456 mm torpedo tubes, four depth charges and 2 Lewis machine guns operated by a crew of 5. One was lost during the war in 1942, the other was found later and scrapped in 1950s.
Part of German built Orjen-class based on S-2 in manufactured in Lürsen. Her armament composed of 550 mm tubes and one 40 mm cannon. She served under Yugoslav and Italian comand. On board was a crew of 16 men. She had overall length 28 meters and width of 4,3 meters. Being powered by 3 petrol engines, making up for 3,300 hp made it available for the boat to travel up to 31 knots.
Was redesignation of redesignation of Schwalbe, Austro-Hungarian Kaiman-class torpedo boat which[ served under Yugoslavia from the ending of World War 1 until 1928 or 1930 when she was scrapped. The ship was armed with three 450 mm torpedo tubes and four 47 mm Škoda, licence-built QF 3-pounder Hotchkiss gun. Her crew consisted of 31 men, had lenght of 56 meters, width of 5,5 and 3000 indicated horse powers achieving the speed of 26 knots.
250T-class boat built in Trieste for Austro-Hungarian navy as 76 T but after the First World War it went under Yugoslav control under the name T1. She was armed with two 66 mm Škoda, 450 mm torpedo tubes and from 10 to 12 naval mines. Her lenght was 58,2 meters long and beam was 5,7 meters wide. On board were 39 men. Steam Turbines had maximal power of 6000 hp making them able to travel at a speed of 28 knots. After 1941 she served under Italian flag until their capitulaton when it was returned to the Yugoslav navy in exile. She survived the war and was later rearmed.
250T-class torpedo boat built in Fiume (Rijeka) as 87F. She had crew of 38 men. Lenght of 58,5 meters and beam 5,8 meters wide. Her sister ship reached speed of 29,5 knots and not as planned 28. After losing the April War Italians used T5 as their own until capitulation. She survived the Second World War and was refitted with two single 40 mm Bofors and one 20 mm while torpedo tubes were removed. She also got new name, PBR-92 Cer.
One of the ships of Galeb-class minelayers. Built in Germany by Neptune-Rosto between 1917 and 1919 as M144. Bought by Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes for a 1,400,000 marks as a tugboat as was the rest of the class. Upon arrival she was rearmed with two 90 mm Škoda cannons, two 8 mm machine guns and was able to carry from 24 to 30 naval mines. At that time she was renamed to Sokol. She was captured by Italians in 1941 in Split and served under the new flag as Eso. All of the ships were recomissioned to submarine hunters and escorted supply routes between Italy and their African colonies. She was sunk near Tunisia in 1943 by an allied torpedo. She measured of 59,63 meters in length and 7,3 meters inw and had 1850 indicated horse powers. By being powered by two boilers which used steam that was produced by burning coal that powered two propeller shafts Sokol could achieve the speed of 15 knots. Crew consisted of 40 sailors.
She was a seaplane tender built for Royal Yugoslavia navy by Deutsche Werft in Hamburg. Launched in 22. June 1929. On the way to Yugoslavia she suffered a fire in engine room and needed to Hamburhg for repairs. She was accpeted into Yugoslav service on 20. August 1930. There she received an armament of two 83,5 mm Škoda and two double 40 mm Škoda cannons. She was changed to minelayer in 1937 and it is said she was able to carry up to 100 mines. After the April War she was used by Germans under the name Drache for minelaying and was after being reffited even used for the testing of flettner Fl-282. In 1944 she was sunk after being bombed by Beaufighter planes. She was sunk in Vati Bay where she remained until 1967 after finaly being cut. Zmaj was 83 meters long and 13 meters wide with a crew of 145. She was powered by 2 MAN diesel engines with maximumoutput of 3260 horsepower which could make her go up to 15 knots.
Completed in 1892, she served under Austro-Hungarian navy as Körös until the end of First World War after she got transfered to Navy of Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and renamed to Morava in 1920. Crew of 84 men operated two single 120 mm cannons, two 66 mm Škoda cannons and 4 machine guns. She measured 54 meters in lenght and 9 meters in width. Her 1200 hp propulsion system made it available for her to have a maximum speed of 10 knots. During invasion of Yugoslavia her crew Scuttled her but them NDH raised her up and renamed Bosna, she served until 1944 when she struck a mine on river Una. She was raised again and broken up in 1945.
Ex Austro-Hungarian Sava-class river monitor named Bosna at first but while in construction renamed Temes (II) and then back to Bosna. In World War 1 she served in Serbia and on Austro-Hungarian-Romanian border. After the war she got transfered to Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and in 1920 her name changed to Vardar. On board she had 91 sailors. Armed with two 120 mm cannons, two 120 mm howitzers, two 66 mm cannons, two 47 mm cannons and 7 machine guns. Her lenght was 62 meters, while width was 10,3 meters. Her engines could produce up to 1750 hp which enables maximum speed of 13,5 knots. In 1941 men on board of Vardar fought off multiple Ju-87 planes. Monitors Sava, Morava and Vardar met at confluence of Danube and Sava river where captains decided to scuttle them.
Second ship of Temes-class river monitors built for Austro-Hungarian navy. 57,7 meters long and 9,5 meters wide. She was named Bodrog at first but was after First World War renamed in 1920 to Sava under newly formed Yugoslav command. In 1941 she got scuttled but raised and repaired by Independent State of Croatia, name stayed the same. Under command of NDH she served together Morava, named Bosna at the time. She got scuttled in 1944 but raised again and made operational after the war. She served as part of JRM until 1962. Before getting new weaponry after the war, her armament consisted of two 120 mm canons, one 120 mm howitzer and one 66 mm cannon and three 8 mm machine guns. She had crew of 86. Her maximum speed was 13 knots with engine having 1400 hp.
Laid down in Linz as first of the two river monitors, Enns-class. Named Enns before being transfered to the State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs she took part in World War 1 against Serbia where she was damaged but repaired and continued her service until the end the war. After briefly serving under Hungarian flag she was transfered to Kingdom of SCS and in 1920 renamed Drava. She was sunk by enemy aircraft in 1941 after shooting down 3 planes. She was armed with one double 120 mm cannon, three 120 mm howitzers, two single 66 mm Škoda and six 8 mm machine guns. Operated by a crew of 95 she could achieve speed of 13 knots, being powered by 1700 engine. Her measurments were: 57,5 meters in lenght and 10,3 meters in width.
Soviet project 206 license built in Kraljevica, Yugoslavia in 1968.