Improved Baz is a cruel joke as of currently, and needs some domestic additions (as well as many other Israeli aircraft)

Can the Meshupar carry the Rampage missile as well? Or the F-16s? The Popeye seems way too large to be practical in war thunder, we need a lighter missile like a Maverick. The Rampage only weighs 570 kg. not 1300.

Or maybe even the Delilah loitering missile, that is only 187. Currently Israel has no top tier standoff weapons to safely engage SPAA. Rampage has INS and a datalink, and the final guidance is IIR. So you could designate with a targeting pod and fire it off, and it would guide until it sees the target with its own seeker. The Kh-38 still seems to be better, and they are both very close chronologically, and have similar mass (520 kg vs 570kg) Israel definitely deserves Rampage.

Ye US and Israel both need buffs (we both share the same missiles and f15 in game)

We know plenty on those PGMs, Gaijin has no reason not bringing some of them.

1 Like

It’s “Baz Meshupar”.
“Meshupar” means Improved in Hebrew. Gaijin is mudering Israeli vehicle names. wtf is “Namer 30”??

Rampage isn’t really relevant as it is a purely GPS/INS guided weapon made to engage static targets only. IDK where you’ve heared it has an IR seeker but it does not, it is an air-launched version of the EXTRA artillery rocket. It has anti-jamming capabilities but it isn’t mentioned anywhere that it has an IR terminal seeker.

Popeye’s size is not relevant in its practicality, ingame it will be like a really fat Kh-29 (with you being able to choose between a TV and an IIR seeker as well as between a blast-frqg and a penetration warhead).

Delilah actually could be a cool weapon to see ingame, provided it comes without loitering mode. Delilah’s seeker range for moving targets is 16km, so it would be like a smaller AGM-65 with bigger terminal range. Loitering mode would make it too OP, as with it you’d be able to fire it off and have it cruise around the battlefield until you designate a target for it to attack, which will be far too unpredictable for SPAAs to defend.

2 Likes

This is the planned F-15IA, which is based on the American F-15EX Eagle II. You really can’t compare them.

Derby is absolutely a superior missile to the AIM-120A, hell, it is superior to AIM-120C-4. Gaijin gimped the hell out of it. The reason the IDF procured AMRAAMs over Derbys is as per usual the US aid money making filthy American garbage cheeper. I don’t want American copy&paste weapons I want Israeli domestic weapons.

5 Likes

Yes I know, but still all I could find, which pretty much means they never carried the derby over the Aim-120s

All modern Israeli fighter aircraft have the capability to carry the Derby on all of its versions, as per the IDF’s request in the 90s when they were made for South Africa. Tho Rafael’s marketing department only released images of them on F-16s, it is directly mentioned by Rafael that both the F-16 and F-15 (as well as many other aircraft) are supported.

2 Likes

I would assume they are absolutely compatible with the outer rails, but would they be able to fit on the places on the fuselage is my question, bc as of my basic understanding of the derby and limited knowledge on the F-15, the spaces on the lower-center fuselage aren’t exactly the rails that the Derby is meant to be compatible with.

I also understand that the marketing department only showed images of them on the F-15s, which is the hard part about getting visual evidence ofc, but is there any textual proof that the F-15s were upgraded to be compatible with the derby’s? Incorporating a new missile usually requires a software update or change to the systems, or at least it did with some older fighter jets I researched. If you can show me where you heard or read about the IAF fighters all receiving the ability to carry them so I can read a bit into it, that would be great!

but they can nerf like the Russia missile in those old update. you can nerf from 50G to 40G or 45G if it need. why need to use Aim-9 if they have their own missile?

2 Likes

Not only that but the AIM-9M on the Israeli F-15s is ahistorical. It was only ever used on Barak II as it had been procured in 2014, as a backup weapon.

1 Like

im a little curious on the naming in game, its called the Baz Meshupar but its a F-15C. wouldnt it be correct if it was called the Akef and not the Meshupar since the Mesh is an A? correct me if im wrong

prove that it is aim-120B not 120A

from “McDonnell Douglas Boeing F-15 Baz” magazine

also, all i see is Phyton 4, Phyton 3, Aim-120B, Aim-9 and Aim-7

1 Like

I have a couple of proofs. First, there’s the mention that the IDF requested Rafael to make all of its future aircraft compatible with the missile back when it was first developed, and this quote comes from Rafael’s site talking about the creation of Derby.

The quote mentions only the F-16, but in reality, the demand for compatibility was made for the F-15 aswell. I don’t remember the original source tho as there was another long document talking about the Derby which said it.

The site is in Hebrew but you can use Google Translate to read it, very interesting story. By the way, “a certain customer” refers to South Africa.

Then, there are also some old brochures mentioning F-15 compatibility (the brochure talks about I-Derby ER but is relevant to all Derby variants):

Your next comment is going to be: “But merely saying the missile is compatible with the F-15 does not mean it has to be specifically the Israeli one”

Let’s take a look at international F-15 users:

• USA
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • Quatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore

The US, Japan, and SK are unlikely to use Derbys as all 3 would prefer domestic missiles. Quatar, Singapore, and Saudi Arabia are not in the best relations with Israel so I highly doubt they’d be a marketing target for Rafael. This leaves us only with Israel.

3 Likes

The original F-15A/Bs were called “Baz”, and the original F-15C/Ds were called “Akef” or “Baz”.

In the mid-90s, there was an upgrade program named “BAZ-2000” made to bring all of the regular Eagles in Israeli service up to the avionics and weapon compatibility standard of the newly procured F-15I Ra’am which is based on the American F-15E Strike Eagle. All Eagles upgraded through this program were named “Baz Meshupar”.

This is why I am so pissed at Gaijin, they bothered bringing one of the most modern Israeli aircraft to the game but gave it NONE of the upgrades or weapons it had IRL. I’m pretty sure that by that point in time the GBU-8 was completely disposed of as well.

4 Likes

interesting, i made a report defending the other report on its cockpit due to the fact the proof that the dev used is from that F-15 Baz book, what doesnt explicitly say what cockpit is being shown. Really hoping gaijin atleast adds the C.A. UFCD.

1 Like

This is just incorrect. It matches the maneuverability and range of the AIM-120, while coming in a smaller form factor. In order to match the range it makes sacrifices in its flight profile that increase time to target comparatively. Any ‘improvements’ you want to claim in has to put it in par with the 120C-4 are not modeled in WT.

A shame that still hasn’t been acknowledged yet.

i bet its gonna get closed with yet again barely any credible proof or will get marked as a duplicate.

1 Like

Wow how did you know? Lolll

It’s I-Derby not Derby that we are talking about.
I-Derby is the new version of Derby. So it is new Generation Derby