Improved Baz is a cruel joke as of currently, and needs some domestic additions (as well as many other Israeli aircraft)

Well, Gaijin has done it. The Improved Baz came, but it is pretty much a copy&paste of the Baz but with AMRAAMs and CFTs. IRL the BAZ 2000 was an upgrade program made in 1995 to upgrade all Baz aircraft (F-15A/B/C/D) of the IDF/AF to the avionics and computer standards of the F-15I. The upgrade included but was not limited to compatibility with modern Israeli domestic PGMs, a highly upgraded cockpit with new MFDs and instruments, upgraded avionics and subsystems, and more.

Improved Baz cockpit:

Spoiler

Regular Baz cockpit for comparison:

With that said, as of currently in the devserver the Improved Baz has NONE of the domestic Israeli PGMs that it could carry IRL. In fact, none of the Israeli aircraft got their domestic PGMs, but for some reason, the new premium Brazilian AMX got Israeli Lizard LGBs before any Israeli aircraft did!

This is an awareness post I made to spread the word that Israeli aircraft need to get some domestic weapons to at least feel a bit unique compared to their American counterparts. Gaijin insists on trying to gimp Israeli vehicles as hard as possible, and I will not stand for this slander.

Here are a couple of weapons that the Improved Baz (and some other Israeli aircraft) could receive:

Popeye air-to-ground missile

Spoiler

It weighs a whopping 1370kg and you can choose between two seekers (TV or Imaging IR) and two warheads (340kg blast-fragmentation or 360kg I-800 AP). Ingame would come as 4 separate missiles like how the Kh-29 was handled. The introduction of the Popeye to the Improved Baz and multiple other Israeli aircraft will finally give blue force nations an equivalent to the Russian Kh-29 which they currently lack. And, I mean, it’s a giant doodoo missile, it will be very fun to use.

SPICE guided bombs family (SPICE 2000 and SPICE 1000 only)

• SPICE 2000:
Spoiler

• SPICE 1000
Spoiler

Smart, Precise Impact, Cost Effective. Includes the SPICE 2000, SPICE 1000, and SPICE 250 / 250 ER. SPICE 2000 and SPICE 1000 are add-on kits for 2000lb-class and 1000lb-class bombs respectively, whereas SPICE 250 is its own product. Much like Popeye, all SPICE bombs can come either with a TV seeker or an Imaging IR seeker, and they also have inertial navigation and GPS support (the latter could come in a future update, as it is completely optional).
With that said, the SPICE 250 requires a smart quad rack that can fit 4 of them on each pylon, and I only ever saw the F-16I and the F-15I use that so I believe the current ingame aircraft are unable to carry SPICE 250. Still, the addition of these bombs will highly improve the Improved Baz’s CAS performance.

Lizard LGBs and Opher IIR-guided bombs

Spoiler

While SPICE bombs came from Rafael, Elbit already had their own guidance kit family called Whizzard, which included the Opher Imaging IR-guided bomb and Lizard laser-guided bomb. Both of them are guidance kits and can be fitted to various warheads. Opher stopped at one generation and is generally less advanced and much older than any of the SPICE bombs, whereas Lizard caught an export wave and received multiple updated versions: Lizard 2 (present on the premium AMX), Lizard 3, and the most modern Lizard 4. The latter two are quite similar with the difference being Lizard 4 has a harness assembly as well as inertial navigation and GPS support. As I said before, GPS isn’t needed for operation (unlike, for example, JDAMs) so the Lizard 4 guidance kit could come to the game as well. Older Israeli aircraft like the Ayit and Kurnass 2000 would use Lizard 2 and 3 while modern Israeli aircraft like the Barak II and Improved Baz would use Lizard 4.

MPR warheads

Spoiler

REST and Lizard 4 bombs using an MPR500 warhead

These are not PGMs by themselves but could serve as a domestic addition to the aforementioned guidance kits. Elbit’s Multi Purpose Rigid bombs are AP bombs with a twist: rather than use pure explosives, those warheads are filled with tens of thousands of controlled fragments which massively increase the local damage. The way these warheads would behave ingame is that they’d have a lower explosive filler mass but a bigger armored vehicle destruction radius compared to their Mk.80 weight equivalents. For example, the MPR500 is stated by Elbit to have the same effective kill radius as the Mk.84, as displayed by this illustration and graph:

Spoiler

MPR warheads could be useful additions for Israeli guided bomb kits for usage in ground battles as they’d massively improve their kill radius, although they would only be available on modern Israeli aircraft as they are fairly new (introduced in the 21st century).

There are more Israeli weapons I could’ve brought up, like MLGB, Ice Breaker, RAMPAGE, etc… I want to go to sleep at a normal hour tonight. I hope Gaijin will at the very least give the Improved Baz one of those weapons and/or the correct cockpit so it won’t feel like a copy&paste of the F-15C MSIP II. Also, the Improved Baz should be able to carry Python 4s and Derbys, so Gaijin could possibly add those too.

46 Likes

Absolutely! Would love to use these new toys!

4 Likes

A fragment that kills a soldier will probably do nothing to a tank

1 Like

i would love to see the popeye or python 4 on the improved baz, and so its updated cockpit

7 Likes

After many nations received HE mavericks and kh38t, i think its time to bring something better than gbu12 and 2 ir guided bombs since meta at top tier is literally fire and forget

2 Likes

More unique equipment to distinguish the Baz from other F-15s is always good. As an aside instead of naming it “Improved” in game they should just leave it in Hebrew (Meshupar) for consistency’s sake.

10 Likes

Gaijin:Not a bug

2 Likes

Gajin gib

2 Likes

Gaijin easy add Lizard 2 laser-guided bomb from AMX A-1A (BAF) on F-15C Baz Meshupar (Improved Baz)

3 Likes

On MPRs specifically I’d rather they not come to the game. To kill a tank, an aircraft should receive some mobility penalty. Otherwise it’s a lot of stowed and easy kills.
Still, I don’t think the MPR would be better vs tanks. Having smaller fragments and more fragment-based effect means lower damage from pressure and less penetration per fragment due to their size.
It seems like an ideal weapon against buildings but less against AFVs.

Lizard, Popeye, Opher - all good choices.
I think we should start limiting the types of munitions carried by aircraft on all nations rather than equalize by adding more. But if Gaijin doesn’t reduce munition types, it should definitely add more for Israel.

Python 4 is also a must for the Cooler Baz.

3 Likes

I agree that israel ingame is being cucked, and these additions and changes should be added and other domestic weapons should be added to their planes and tanks

5 Likes

The Improved Baz is a very modern aircraft and as Elbit makes those bombs and supplies the IDF with them, it would get the Lizard 4 bomb which is superior as it has inertial navigation (and also GPS support when we get that capability).

The A-4N Ayit and Kurnass 2000 could get Lizard 2s

2 Likes

Bug report it?

Don’t have any images of it actually using it, but it absolutely should be able to.

@Smin1080p there is any news regarding this topic about the Baz Meshupar in game armament?

2 Likes

I want gaijin add Lizard laser guided bomb from AMX A-1A to AMX Ghibli in italy tech tree

For F-15C Baz, gaijin give GBU-15(V)2/B from F-16D Block 40 Barak

Gameplay-wise, what use will Lizard LGBs have over other, EO-guided munitions we already have?

+1
Israel is known for its abilities to upgrade existing platforms to incredible levels. Its about time Israel gets the proper attention regarding its weaponry and systems.

5 Likes

@Smin1080p can u please comment on this?

1 Like

@Smin1080p @gromvoiny pls can you share with us some news?, this is really sad a lot of people including me are waiting for something more than just a copy paste, right now is just copy paste, no Python-4, no Derby, no Spice bombs, no popeye, pls guys atleast let us have a more unique F-15 for air combat having the Python-4 and Derby, like the Japanese F-15C that have both locally developed missiles AAM-3 and AAM-4, this is really unfair, we are the only nation that dont have a locally developed 4 gen IR missile with IRCCM, when we literally have one that can come to the game like the AAM-3 came.

4 Likes