Improve the information on transmissions in the X-ray view

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn’t
  • Other… (provide a reply)
0 voters

Currently, when viewing the transmission of a tank in the X-ray view, only 4 values are shown, those being the forwards and reverse top speeds, and the number of forwards and reverse gears.

Personally, I feel like this information is quite barebones and could be improved, hence why I have made this suggestion.

My suggestion is that viewing the transmission of a tank should show a list with all the gear ratios in that transmission, and also (possibly) their respective top speeds.

Why should this be added to the game?

Firstly, bug reporting incorrect gear ratios would become a lot simpler, as the game would provide the values themselves. Right now, as far as I know, the only way to obtain information on the gear ratios of a tank is through datamine… which are not accepted as sources when making bug reports.

Second, gear ratios and their top speeds matter a lot for determining how actually maneuverable a tank is.
For example, if you have 8 gears, but then 7 of those gears have top speeds below 10 km/h, then your overall mobility will be very poor even if you have a high power to weight ratio and a top speed of 50 km/h.

That is all for my suggestion. Feedback is highly appreciated.

4 Likes