Nothing inconsistent about that.
You were afterburning & the temperature plume was still massive when they launched, you never went front aspect against the missile.
There is no bug present, & thus it is not a bug.
You shouldn’t shut your engine off, you should throttle down to mil power & aim toward the IR target rather than leaving the exhaust plume toward the missile.
Just as old as missiles themselves probably. Missiles with no prox fuse can straight up miss shots they should hit because geometric center was above actual fuselage in some cases.
nothign inconsistent in the F-14? Are you sure about that?
I was not. engine was off and below 400 degree when he launched. I suggest you to clean your eyes and watch again. Btw 400 degree is kinda “cold” compared to other cases
yeah do that and get a fox3 in the face. thats a multipathing strategy, not while flying high.
Yes; F-14A specifically was the aircraft I used to learn about IR signatures in War Thunder.
F-14A especially couldn’t flare R530E missiles fired from Mirage 3 when the F-14A was afterburning.
Your video is posted & shows you afterburning.
The engine’s internal temperature =/= the temperature of the exhaust plume.
The fact you’re calling your own video a liar isn’t wise.
Su-30MK loses the dogfight & the F-14 was in a poor position to begin with.
So yeah, the video you’re now accusing of being fake after posting it is correct.
@Mister_Ace
Alright, your comment that you look down on thousands of people for having shared correct takes is easily seen as ragebait…
I came here to help you & all you’ve done now is tell me you think less of hundreds of people I & others respect because we all share correct takes.
For how IR signatures are handled in War Thunder? I know enough.
As missiles get closer, the more you need to position where the flares are being fired.
what? youre conflating two different issues, the harrier has issues with being too hot, which the f14 also has
but the harrier does not share the issue with missiles aiming for its CoM instead of CoT (arguably the harrier is probably the most correct in the current situation)
i tried using only the internal flares and it seems to be working better. things are being easier to flare now. Looks like the BOL pod + the center mass lock are the main problem. I dont have such problem in the f15C
I still think its worth a bug report. It seems to be a general issue with missiles locking system. If i understood it right.
Also adding priority to internal flares likes happens with typhoon and gripen would make things easier
It was launched when he was looking forward off-screen.
Object permanence moment.
The point of the matter was exhaust plume stays behind longer than the internal engine temperature will ever indicate.
I just want him to have all the knowledge he can for future engagements.
Especially against FOV IRCCM missiles that are more potent in these aspects than shut-off ones.
I believe BVVD said they were planning to overhaul basically everything about IR signatures and IR missiles with next update, so probably for now best to save your time and the bug report managers time and not
As a fan who pre-ordered the F-14D even after completing the entire American tech tree, I feel like I spent $80 just to be constantly dominated by Su-30s.
In around 90% of my battles, I end up facing higher-BR aircraft, which seems to be the same problem affecting almost every aircraft at BR 12.3 and above. At this point, buying the F-14D feels less like getting a top-tier American fighter and more like paying $80 for a ticket to fight aircraft that simply have a major advantage over it.