Ideas for a 2S38 nerf

Maybe
But removing APFSDS wouldn’t make it such a problem to deal with
One hit from 2S38 may very well render your tank useless (damaged breech/barrel and making you unable to fire). This way it wouldn’t be as bad

Even still, 2S38s 57mm gun is better than Begleits 57mm in terms of ballistics. APHE round has better pen at 0° PB and has HE filler. Only thing Begleit is better at is rate of fire.

1 Like

However, the change that would actually make destroying 2S38’s easier is having an Asian server, so NA and EU is not full of players connecting from China,Korea, Japan …etc negatively affecting hit detection which makes spammed premium vehicles like the 2S38 a worse opponent to face than what it is.

9.3 at most. Begleit without ITOWs.
Remove HEVT and it goes to 9.0.

2 Likes

…And there were a lot of comments explaining why it’s not undertiered and worse than certain peers.
And those were backed up by actual data.

I didn’t see anyone that claimed the 2S38 is sooo OP/undertiered that posted a single piece of data or statistically relevant information. I did see people claiming they had crazy stats in the 2S38 - but not a single one of them posted them. I also saw someone imply they would have good stats in the 2S38 because they globally average ~1.3 K/D… for some reason.

3 Likes

The cannon is more powerful. Slower firing (by 0.2s) but packs more punch than Begleits
Also you overestimate the usefulness of I-TOWs at that BR
These aren’t tandem TOW-2As or top-down detonating TOW-2Bs
Just remove APFSDS from 2S38 and place it at 9.7

There’s no reason to remove the APFSDS, especially since it can and will be equipped with it IRL.

It will never be 9.7 with or without APFSDS. That’d be biased in opposite directions.

2 Likes

For balancing purposes, Gaijin can do it. Whether they want to? That’s up for debate.
I will admit that I was looking at AB battle ratings where Begleit is 9.7. In RB it is 9.3.

Fair enough then. Remove APFSDS, and place it to 9.7 and 9.3 in AB and RB accordingly.
It would be superb close range anti air, especially with IR tracking.

no

2 Likes

It functions as both a light vehicle and SPAA, though is primarily meant for multirole capability. It is neither, or both.

If anything, giving it SPAA status would give it unbelievably low respawn cost.

The designations are effectively the same, though 3UO8 is a true HE-VT shell with a radio proxy warhead.

3UO8 was meant to be láser guided wich it’s weird af

1 Like

Honestly, correct it, add in the system that PUMA players want, and go from there.
It still won’t make the 2S38 10.0 in SPAA duty, nor will it make PUMA 10.0 in its own SPAA duty, but it’ll make things closer to proper functionality.

1 Like

Laser guided 57mm HE is 3UO7, not 3UO8.

2 Likes

Hmmmm now i’m confused

About?

All so what is the purpose of having HE-VT if You have HE-TF cheaper and programmable

Because HE-VT allows for less components pertaining to offensive weaponry, in this case the 57mm, and is far more accurate than an HE-TF shell.

1 Like

How the heck do You manage more components in a programmable Shell than in a proxy fuze??? Actual skill issue from the engineers

It isn’t more components in the shell, it’d need the proper components to time it either before insertion into the breech or while it’s inside the breech.

Usually this is done by an ADL unit, for datalink.

1 Like

The 2S38 is very easy to kill in that you are right, however I think the only op part about it is its multirole capibility at such a low rank however this thread has taught me more that just changing it to a SPAA would make it OP

1 Like