Id like it if tank explosions were remade or improved

So…
To start, when you shoot a tanks ammo rack, you see sparks shooting out of the turret ring and then smoke comes out of the barrel.

After like 4 or 8 seconds the tank detonates and the flash is very blinding to nearby players.
There’s also a very deep rumbling noise. I was near a gas tank explosion in my holidays and there was a very loud deep VVVVVVvwwwoomp noise.

Now another thing id like…

when you shoot at a tank and the crew is destroyed. It does not make sense that the tank turns a darkish burnt color. I want to see like… Very subtle smoke coming out of the tank and maybe the cannon barrel is declined and yeah…

Also shooting the engine of a tank… Id like it if there was some oil leaking out or smoke leaking out and then slowly it becomes a fire.

one more thing… The tank debris should be more realistic.

I would like for ammo explosion to be with force of stored explosive inside. Fully loaded sturmtuger have around 2tons of explosive onboard, so this would be spectacular

It is one of those things they work on in the background. Every now and then they push an update that reworks effects.
I think we will get stuff like that at sone point.

The tanks being burnt black and eternally on fire when they die is because Warthunder is an arcadey game and thus sacrifices realism for gameplay.

The fun is in the aesthetic realism though.

This is the point of this post.

Arcadey fun is for gameplay.

It would also teach players to be careful if they are near a sturmtiger.

This game would be so much fun though if u could get multiplekills.

Explosion effects need to be brighter

1 Like

It’s been a while already.
I really believe they should revisit the fire effects

It’s also because some people are dumb enough to drive right by a stationary tank, then die to it, then go rant on the forums about how it was invisible.

Gaijin wont listen to them unless they are paying.

That is the business model

being able to dsituinguish when other not someone is dead is more important than aesthetic realism.

Erhmm aschkually. Warthunder’s anti-wallhack measures make tanks that the game deems out of view not render. that and Warthunder’s props having pretty screwed up hitboxes means there is (on very rare occasion) tanks that are completely invisble.

1 Like

being able to dsituinguish when other not someone is dead is more important than aesthetic realism.

That’s why you have to use the chat to ask your team! Thats what the chat is for.

Or just make enemies that are dead very clearly dead

Dead checking isn’t a bad idea

Actually it is a bad idea because Warthunder isn’t a simulator. If you want a tank simulator, go elsewhere