I made a pridiction on the USSR aviation tech tree

But its stealth is questionable. By western standards its just a 5th gen without stealth.

ye thats what happens to a jet without funding and no SOTA RAM coatings developed

No, Su-57 was not made to be stealth.
A stealth aircraft from 2002 onward will look rather samey to everything else because that’s what computer models will come up with.
Su-57 was made to be a lower RCS heavy fighter.
Sukhoi says it’s not stealth; I trust them over you.

1 Like

This is a whole other debate but to summarise, there are many methods and shapes that are optimal for stealth.
Someone did some research on this a while back, i cant remember the reference but the current designs of stealth that we see are not necessarily the only designs that can be, but rather this is a result of designers and engineers observing previously built aircraft like the F-22 and nighthawk etc and being subjected to the same design principles instead of inventing their own.
“Copy pasting” basically.

Which, in case you aren’t aware, involves incorporating stealth features. Stealth isn’t invisibility. Stealth is low observability. Which is exactly what all current and future stealth fighters will be.

So according to you… Rafale is stealth. lol

Calm down everyone. Since there is no standard definition of stealth, the definition of stealth varies depending on the nation and manufacturer

Manufacturers currently use the NATO standard of stealth, whether they’re in a NATO country or not, because they respect the authority of NATO.

So Rafale and Su-57 aren’t stealth, which neither of which actually incorporate stealth aspects opposite of Armen claims, then calls people insults when they point that out.
“But they have a bomb bay!” So does the B1 Lancer, and F-111 Aardvark, it’s still not a stealth aircraft.

Oh, and @Armen_Lozone is claiming that most of the English speaking forum are Russians and Russia fanboys [those that see some American high functioning autistic man as their enemy]… in an attempt to provoke? AKA Troll.

Apparently all of NATO is wrong about what stealth is, and that I’m wrong for using their standards.

care to provide a source for that claim?

rafale isnt designed with any stealth producing features. felon is.

the felon is literally designed to disperse radar waves from the front. its so obvious even to a novice aircraft ethusiast. bro are on you something??
like have you never seen nor read about features such as radar blockers, wing and body design?
its appalling tbh.
the only stealth aspect incorporated by rafale (and i dont have a source for this), is some form of RAM coating which is not a stealth design feature.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/357076227/figure/fig2/AS:11431281176367664@1690132915442/Comparisons-of-monostatic-RCS-of-the-F-22-aircraft-model-in-the-xy-plane-with-VV.png

again you bring up random things, which i never spoke about.

either english is not you first language or you are hallucinating things because when i said troll, i did not mean russian. i am not racist. i meant troll.
no need to thank me for the education.

hmm… apparently this armen lozone fellow must be blocked by me because i dont see any such statement made above

Replace the MiG-41 with MiG-31BM.

SU-75 lmao

Well, we could see a flying prototype at some point, so it’s safe to have in his prediction tree.

Also, the Yak-201 needs to be removed.

its just smoke right now and the ruaf has a 2 engine rule so it wouldnt be used by them anyways. and “at some point” could mean anything. i wouldnt expect this in the lifetime of this game lol

Undoubtedly Russia would have a few of its own to show off it’s capabilities like they do everything else, so it still fits.

I would, cause even if War Thunder started losing players at the end of this year, that’s still at least 5 years of game.

Of course, the ultimate longevity of the game is with pushing for PVE game modes.
It’s how Armored Warfare is still alive despite having no real playerbase.

If and when Gaijin changes War Thunder to be more resilient to shifts in playerbase, that’ll make their job cheaper.
PVE solo? Client-run.
PVE with other players? Server-run, requires less resources.
PVP? Status-quo.

In the long run they spend less on server infrastructure, and absolutely worst case they start charging for PVP server access.

I expect a model-able prototype within a few years that Gaijin can estimate has a similar RCS to F-35 and FC-31.

point proven