I found the image the image the “best” Swedish PFP is based on

The original image

War thunder

Just thought this was interesting!

1 Like

Why “ironic”?

Because I was looking for some Swedish training ammo and on the image search this popped up, should have given background info, lol.

1 Like

That’s not what irony is.

1 Like

Look, I’m from the south, it’s got a bit different meaning than the actual definition.

And I am from Australia. Where you are from is irrelevant. Irony is when the opposite or a contradiction of something happens or is said. Coincidence and irony are not the same thing.

1 Like

Thanks for correcting my grammar, I guess?

It has nothing to do with grammar, but okay.

Then what is it?

A correct of meaning.

Alr, makes sense, I’ve never had good scores for any English class.

Fair enough. As you were.

This is what AI says the photo should be based on how they changed it for the profile picture. not as much closer as I had expected, but oh well, I give up

Just for funsies,

Yeah, you can vaguely make out that the name tag is still the same. And they actually give the name on the War Thunder Wiki

If you were true OG you would know that for very short period of time it was even more accurate

zz02cett07z41

It is kinda cool when these profile images pop up and you recognise them. Sure it’s easy to know some of the profile pictures if you’re in to military history and such, but when you’re randomly just reading up on some stuff and then hit a picture you recognise from a Wathunder profile pic, it’s a bit of a “Whoa” moment.

I remember looking up stuff about American Spitfires and then came across this picture:

Seemed familiar (probably cos I used it one point):

(The memorable situation I guess is that the Warthunder profile pic isn’t related at all to the American Spitfire)

1 Like

I remember when it was like that 2-3 years ago