I believe the solution to problems with CAS and SPAA is proper teaming interface - seeing what your team is spawning and their lineups

Hello!

Warthunder is a team game, right? Countering CAS relies upon teamwork - someone has to choose to take one for the team by spawning an SPAA. There could perhaps be an incentive to first-spawning SPAA, but that is another discussion.

What I wish to discuss here instead is simply improving teamplay and coordination by increasing the information available to players.

Presently, you have no way to know what your team’s line-up will be on spawn and where they will be spawning. Consequently, you cannot pick and choose what to spawn yourself to complement the rest.

If there was a display of what vehicle types, and how many, were readied to spawn at the start AND whenever you are respawning - players could make an informed choice to spawn vehicles that complement the team without having to worry about spawning an SPAA into 3 other SPAAs - not only losing air targets to people spawning faster than them, but significantly reducing the team’s ability to push and contest ground objectives. Conversely, seeing that there are no SPAA spawned could encourage players to take theirs out knowing they have the entire sky for themselves for killing.

I would also add it would be ideal to see how many players are spawning on each spawn point - far too many times I’ve seen every player pick the same spawn point and leave half the map uncontested. If people saw that a spawn point was overflowing, they’d pick the other side knowing they’re less likely to lose kills to teammates or lose cover to there being too many tanks needing them.

It would also be nice to see what line-ups your teammates have brought - either per player or consolidated into a team resources display. Like, “Team has N SPAA/TD/HT/MT/LT/F/HF/B/I/ATT in reserve, N stuff already spawned, N currently queuing for respawn.”

1 Like