Hungarian SAM Vehicle for the Italian Tech Tree

2k12 Kub

Just an idea for another SAM in the Italian tech tree as there’s only one, i hope this post can get more Hungarian Vehicles added.
2P25_VS_2

5 Likes

Doesnt this need a separate vehicle for its search radar, illumination radar and fire control?

Ahh yes the Search, illumination and FCS is a different vehicle to the TEL. So pretty much a non starter. The TEL on its own is useless.

2 Likes

the radar can also be towed, somewhat similar the churchill crocodile

2 Likes

Or the Dev’s can implement a system where you can control both vehicles, one to set up the radar in a position, and the one for the main weaponry.

Yeah, with a keybind to switch between them, just like how recon drones work

2 Likes

The Kub needs a separate vehicle, just like the Mistral 2 system.

If we are talking about cold war SAM"s then Hungary operated the 9K31 Sztrela–1 (SA–9 Gaskin)10.

Aside from this in a few years, we will have the Lynx SPAA, with mistral 3’s…but that’s for the future. Until then only the Strela fulfills the criteria of being an autonomous SAM SPAA vehicle

2 Likes

Ngl I love the sound of Sztrela added to Hungary, Would be a really good add

2 Likes

They can add Romanian SA-8B (OSA-AKM):

Spoiler

6 Likes

This is too big of an assumption to make that this would be implemented.

Hungary could alternatively add Strela-1, Strela-10, Unimog with Mistral or GAZ-66 with Igla if you’re looking for SAM systems.

2 Likes

Big fan of the Osa

1. it’s a good vehicle for ~11.0 that Italy could really use
  2. Poland also uses and gib Poland!

To Italy? Hell no.

Lol not Poland to Italy
Osa to Italy
Poland as independent tech tree

1 Like

Ah yea, my bad

Also operated by Luftwaffe

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

Surely the better suited Hungarian UNIMOG truck with Mistral SAMs would be a much better fit than the 2K12 Kub:

2 Likes