How will the Shenyang J-10 play as?

Hi, I’m very curious on how the Shenyang J-10 performance will play as. My thoughts is that it will be a mix of the F-16C, Mirage 2000? Any thoughts?

1 Like

it is considered as Rafale equivalent

Lavi would be more accurate. Janes claims the chinese got a lot of the Data about this design from IAI Lavi.

1 Like

big gripen imo

no idea about flight model except that its got a rather low top speed

1 Like

Lavi is Israel prototype - on par Mirage 2000 technology wise

chinese copy-pasted after it

Depends on how (or how much) the Snail gonna bork it flight model.

They did not “copy-paste” it. Inspired? Probably. Learned from? Definitely. Outright copy? Nah (unless you want to say Lavi is a “copy” of F-16 in term)

9 Likes

Little bit higher T/W than Gripen but way more drag, i’ll be very interested to see if the thrust compensates and then ends up similar.

Also has more of a mid-mounted canard, though I’m not sure if it will make a difference in-game.

Imo probably similar flight performance as to the Gripen, except it has more thrust.

i dont think itll have the same flight performance. its wing loading is substantially higher

Yeah, they got quite a bit of assistance

There are numerous blocks of J-10, just as there are Rafale. We are likely to get the J-10A, powered by an AL-31FN rather than a later Chinese engine. It will likely play similar to other advanced light fighters currently in game, i.e. F-16C. Later versions with advanced AESA, PL-10/15 instead of 8/12 and potentially TVC may come later to be more competitive with advanced Rafale blocks.

The J-10 is not the same as the Lavi, but it does share far more direct lineage than the Lavi does to the F-16. The Lavi was originally designed as a competitor to F-16A made from advanced composites in the prototypes, while the J-10 was an adaptation of the Lavi design to be producible with available materials. Unlike Israel, China did not have access to the compact and ridiculously powerful PW1120, nor could they easily produce the wing design, hence the more “Kfir” like structure.

The gripen is significantly lighter than the J-10; the J-10 is much more similar to the viggen in weight, thrust, rough capabilities. I personally suspect it will perform most like a “super viggen” / F-16C hybrid.

Yeh I guess so also looks like it causes a lot of drag while turning though

random but Oh boy is this a real loadout or is it edited ?

IMG_1819

Seems like inner pylons are for drop tanks and intake pylons are for A2G munitions.

2 Likes

It can have 6 PL-12 and 2 PL-8s.
They simply go with a double rack pylon in the middle one.

3 Likes

Lavi:

J-10:

The Lavi is closer to the F-16 than the J-10. The Chinese did learn from the lavi project but did not copy it.

8 Likes

Just a heads up the J-10 is produced by Chengdu not Shenyang, and in terms of playstyle imagine it as a mirage 2k with better low speed performance but a bit heavier, it’s BVR capabilities will be the interesting part since PL-12s are now some of the best fox-3s in game and having up to 8 of them will be very fun.

1 Like

You won’t have 8.

depends on gaijin’s sources on the dual pylons and rear undercarriage mounts, even with 6 it will be a top of the META aircraft.

Yeah, technically it could mount PL-12s in the middle but due to the fumes they avoided it. Depends on what Gaijin will decide to do.

3 Likes

Also from the moment they learnt from the lavi to the actual production a lot of time passed and a decent amount of changes were made, saying its a Lavi copy is pretty much cope.

3 Likes