How to fix the M1 Abrams in War thunder

I Know, but this was smh on my to do list. No actual reason for this to get uploaded but yeah…

makes no sense, can count multiple mbts that are better, especially 2a4 which is the same tank basically with a better gun and more armor

1 Like

The M1 Abrams has a 5.3 second reload experted and a 2A4 has a 6.36 second reload experted.
M774 is also a perfectly capable round. The Abrams hull armor is also superior to the 2A4’s hull armor.

Do keep in mind that I own both of the 105mm tech tree Abrams.
I find them equivalent to the 2A4, and the T-80B inferior to either.

2 Likes

If using this logic the Ariete would most likely be using SHARD or something near that

the guy that thinks TY-90 can be flared and have bad range is calling folks delusional oml

2 Likes

Yeah you did in fact list the pros of the abrams to the 2a4, however the 2a4 is still a better tank

1 Like

I listed the pros, but found them equivalent. I’m sure you understand what that means.

And yet with 50mm less penetration it still can penetrate more of the M1A2 series tanks than the M1A2 can penetrate on the T-80BVM. A bigger number does not always mean it is always better, there are more thing to consider than just penetration.

4 Likes

Cool - except the UFP is an auto-ricochet and the LFP only has the driver inside while on Russian tanks there’s ammo right behind it.

And you get double the gun depression and triple the reverse speed (or 10 times the reverse speed compared to a T-72/T-90)… And a faster reload… And a better shell.

are you fucking high man?
the russians get a t-72 has better protection and much better rounds at the cost of some mobility

the germans get a leopard that’s just objectively better than the abrams in every way (than a slightly longer reload)

the chinese at 10.7 get the mbt-2000 which has the best round in the chinese tech tree and kontact-5

the italians get the ariete which is just as squishy as an abrams but get’s an extra 100mm in penetration and a 2a4 (see germany)

1 Like

You’re a prime example on how much braindead the average america suffers poster is

3 Likes

You are playing toptier and you’re still relying on armour to save you, you have one of the most mobile MBTs even with the Sepv2 its still on the upperside of mobility for its tier

NO GOD NO the abrams doesn’t need another fucking lolpen round M829A2 is literally the second best shell ingame (not including the 292)

It already does shatter and bounce and the abrams UFP isnt 89° its 83° with the average shell coming in at the 79-81° angle the UFP is mostly an autobounce area

The turret ring weakspot will not change even if it gets its 200mm ring there’s not a single shell that wont still go clean through if you’re dying to turret ring shots go hulldown instead

No if you want your abrams moved down then so does my challenger 2 get moved down to 10.7 its only fair since its already worse than the 11.0 abrams and significantly worse than the abrams at its own br

1 Like

The T-72 is a oneshot to the hull and its mobility being godawful is why its at the br it is especially with all the city maps if gaijin pivots away from city maps and makes pradesh sized maps only then sure the T-72B and Turms can move up in br you’re also forgetting the T-72 has a godawful reload aswell

The 2A4 is a great tank but you’re just wrong here overall the 2A4 has 100mm less armour on the hull making it a glass cannon it also has the patented Gunner sight weakspot and lacks the fuel tanks and spaced out crew that makes the abrams so survivable and again the abrams gets its ridiculous 5s reload which was an artificial buff other than that they’re identical bar the slightly better DM23

MBT 2000 isnt a 10.3 or below why did you include it have you seen its composite array? Its similar to the type 10 or TKX whereby it leaves massive weakspots only the first set of FY-2 actually gives it meaningful protection the other ERA isnt enough on its own to stop even M774 at close range from going through and yeah it gets a good shell but like the italians its what they kinda need to not be put down in br and curbstomp the lower br vehicles or be stuck at its current br and be garbage the 2000 is pretty decent though since it gets a real reverse gear so i guess that does make it infinitely better than any of the T-72 which now thinking about it reflects in its br being 10.7 and not 10.0 or 10.3

Ok just shut up the arietes hull literally only ranges from 80-230mm while the abrams ranges from 200-400mm on the hull even the 9.0 XM-1(Chrysler) has more armour going from 200-290mm on the hull
The ariete turret is also mostly 380mm at least the abrams gets 420mm

2 Likes