How to aim in naval arcade?

How do i correctly aim in naval arcade mode? Do i have to put my target triangle excactly on the green indicator circle?

How can i change distance? I have realized that often my shells overshoot a nearly stationary target, even if my aim is excactly on the green indicator.

Also how do i gain the most points? Should i attack bots or player controlled vessels first? I mostly am bottom of the team although i dont die and constantly fire at enemy ships, what am i doing wrong?

Another thing: whats ammo should i use in large caliber german guns (28cm and up)? HE? SAP? APHE?

1 Like

Green circle marks the center of the ship. You should however observe if your target changes course or direction and not wait for the circle to update. Treat a circle more as a hint, not as a definitive lead.

You change it by moving mouse up and down, the aimed distance is always displayed. You need to almost always aim closer than your target is because almost always you are getting closer to your target. You can see changing distance near his nickname.

Aim for players and learn which targets are weaker than you. Allow your teammates to lead the charge, spawn a bit later and follow them. The least attention you draw to yourself, the better. You can also post replays then I will be able to tell you more.

AP for heavily armored ships - battleships/battlecruisers, SAP for cruisers and destroyers

2 Likes

most of what he said is good

dont be selfish as he suggests you should … the choice is yours of course
remember
nobody likes playing with ah

if you are learning try playing arcade with realistic aiming ( options / naval battle settings ) turned off

=TAX55= Uebermacht at lvl 90 with 1338 naval targets destroyed you probably already know all that

1 Like

Thanks for your replys.

I actually did not know that you jave to adjust your distance manually, i always thought in arcade its automatic. Thats why all my previous naval kills were under 5 Kilometer.
But now i impreoved significantly.

Also the score you get somehow depends on your ship. Not every ship is created equally. The Scharnhorst is just completly broken, with that thing i score place 1 to 3 in the team constantly, in my SMS Baden its more like 3 to 5, although the Baden has 38cm guns and the Scharnhorst only 28cm.
You only see Sharnhorsts, USS Alaskas and Kronstadts on top of the Team.