How the hell are you meant to play American tanks (6.0 ish)

I cannot for the life of me think of how to use American vehicles like the late Shermans, Hellcats etc they all SUCK. Brawl with them? Can’t do that because you’ve got no armour, can’t snipe because you don’t have a good gun, can’t do anything because your mobility is mid at best. HOW does gaijin think the M4A3 has a BR of 5.7 is beyond me.

1 Like

Hellcats are flankers, they have incredible mobility, use it. For the Shermans I like to play them peekaboo style. Use the stablizer to your advantage and always try to get the first shot playing peekaboo and shooting on the move. Other than that the Shermans are ass at range.

1 Like

Flanks map then proceeds to get MAYBE two kills before a heavy says hi and annihilates you

Played that one game, worked pretty well IN A DOWNTIER. This doesn’t work in uptiers which is the only matches you get.

Literally doesn’t have an advantage when you can’t pen a king tiger anyway. Peak, tries to shoot barrel, barrel goes red, he shoots you, you die.

And so is the Hellcat. Can’t use it at close range because people machine gun or HE you to death before your cannon stops wobbling

Don’t get into frontal engagements with more armoured targets. You are incredibly fast, and you are able to get to areas much quicker than other tanks. Try and flank along the edges of the map, or along popular routes.

As for the later Sherman I’d suggest using the stabilizer to your advantage as much as possible, because it allows you to get the first shot off nearly all the time.

1 Like

Fun fact you can choose to not engage targets you cant win against. Just focus on TBT and if you can’t do that just avoid them.

Tip for that: Drive sideways. You get very little gun wobble when your turret is perpendicular to your hull. It’s a very useful tactic in any tank without a stabilizer.

The trick is to spot them before they spot you. Use headphones and listen to tank noises around you, and learn the places where players might show up. Sometimes death is unavoidable, but other times it isn’t.

Did that, flanked the enemies, got two kills, go annihilated by an IS-2 that respawned and beamed me across the map

Yes, in the case of the sherman, I’m next to a building, a tiger ii H comes around a corner, at an angle so I can’t kill it, what am I meant to do then? Just give up?

Oh I didn’t know that does it actually work?

Shoot the barrel, or tracks before the KT rounds the corner? If you get rushed by a KT then you actively put yourself in a bad spot.

red barrel, he still shoots me

I would try that other than the fact I don’t trust the fact he won’t till keep going enough to shoot me

Bruh

Don’t play American 5.3-6.3 if you don’t want to take advice. You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I’m not, I’m just saying I’ve tried all of your advice and it doesn’t work.

Play the Jumbo 75. Its an armoured Sherman with a weaker gun so you’ll learn to TBT enemies and aim for their weakspots. The best way to learn is to learn from your mistakes, don’t just reject the tank and give up.

Learn where you can get shot from, from your position on a map. Pay attention to your deaths, and who/what/where you die from, they are helpful for learning. Basically learn from your mistakes, and from others.

It does. How much it works varies depending on the terrain/tank, but it is overall much more stable than having the gun point forward/

2 Likes

I played the Jumbo 75, it sucks. The French one is okay because better matchmaker, but still powerless in a 6.7/7.0 match

interesting.

Actually stuff US ground I give up trying.

It doesn’t. It can bounce a lot of shells even the Panther’s gun. It’s torquey so its responsive for a heavy tank and it has a 5 second reload. Its a great support heavy that can frontline, and flank.

Literally none of this matters in a full uptier when you get screwed over by everything under the sun. I’m going back to Britain and Germany where they actually have good tanks. Thanks for trying to help.

Step one: Hide and flank

Step two: aim for the gun barrel

step three: aim for the track

step four: drive to side and kill

Step five: leave area

Hellcats are incredibly good at flanking, and a good flank is very rewarding. Make sure to shoot n scoot, don’t fire more than 3 times before moving.

The late Shermans are really good support tanks. They are also good with flanks, but not as good as Hellcats. The wet ammo really helps with survivability too. I’ve been shot 5 times by a VK in the UFP and lived. Stay with allied tanks and you should be fine.

Both are also good in the ambush role too

Gaijin ruined the game at 6BR when it flooded it with Artillery from a much later time .It just makes your armour redundant,you wont bounce long range shots anymore if armoured and you are dead straight away of you have something like an m18 .

They are not great vehicles but they do just enough to completely ruin 6-7 BR,not just Americas but Russia and Germany.

Best and only thing Gaijin can do is remove them.Get rid of the 2S1,2s3 and M109

Spawn hellcat → cap point → get maybe 1 or 2 kills → dies → spawn cas → profits???