How about the Japanese-Korean Alliance tree?

instead of a sub-tree, why not call it an alliance tree to avoid conflict? when you select Korean Vehicle simply replace the country name and flag to show their equalization.

yes, I know there are several posts talking about the Korean sub-tree, but here what I want to say is an alliance tree changing the flag and name that makes both nations equal in the game.

11 Likes

It’s really difficult with all the politics going on but i strongly like the idea of having more coalitions/alliance trees, eg. MEC (Middle East Coalition) “nation”, Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark), SEA (South East Asia) “nation” with Japan, Korea, …?.., South Europe Combined (Italy, Spain, Greece, …?.), it would be nice to see something like this. :)

Good topic with fun thinking

8 Likes

This is a good idea, or maybe they could honestly do a renaming of some of the the trees (like change Great Britain to Commonwealth or Sweden to Scandanavia) and I’d honestly really like if they changed all the flags to be the modern nations flags, if only for consistency given China and Italy both have their modern flags

1 Like

at the moment Japan and Korea are the alliance if Im right, an appropriate alliance tree(shows respect with name and flag change) can sort out some of the problems I think

3 Likes

tbh, I think it would be cool if the flag and nation name changed with vehicles. I always feel weird when play Germany leopard 2 A5 with a third Reich flag.

2 Likes

Prob add India too then.

A good idea, both South Korea and Japan got their unique vehicles, A combined tech tree would greatly enrich the lineup and enhance the game experience.

1 Like

As long as both countries are Equal then that’s something I don’t really mind but I’m not so sure the Koreans want to be tied or allied to the Japanese at all. Because the Korean government and its people really truthfully want nothing to do with each other and Korean players have suggested and want their own United Korea techtree (Just a unified Chinese/United Front techtree 2.0. it’s not a PROC techtree it’s literally a United front techtree. Just saying this for the ang moh)

Someone above mentioned SEA and if you ask me. SEA techtree for Japan… Well gameplay wise it’ll be weird. Maybe Thailand can be the only SEA nation to fit while other SEA countries have their vehicles going to other techtree’s like Leopard 2SG to Germany, PT-91 Twardy for Malaysia going to the Soviet (or it ever a Polish techtree as a Squadron maybe) etc etc.

If someone wants to base this techtree with the thinking of “Muh all of Asia against North Korea and China” then you’ll be mistaken as for South East Asia only two countries really go against China. Everywhere else except for Indonesia being Indonesia really don’t go against China (The Malaysian MOD literally let’s China naval warship train for free in Malaysian waters. Totally against China. Thailand has jointly developed vehicles with Norinco which is starting to make the Americans think twice about their alliance with Thailand :/ and Singapore heavily opposed to a NATO in South East Asia headed by the US)

8 Likes

You can call it alliance or subtree it’s still a fictional alliance with Japan getting a country and vehicles it has no connection to.

Japan has exported arms to Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand, 4 logical potential nations that could help bolster Japan in the Air Tree and some what in the Anti Air category. These options make more sense then suggesting a nation it has no connection to.

Indonesia and Malaysia would provide most indigenous/modified ground vehicles for example :

• URO VAMTAC ST5 and GK-M1 equipped with RapidRanger (Starstreak), SPAA

• Harimua LT/MT, equipped with a 105mm Cockerill 3105 turret

• DefTech AV8 equipped with LCT30 ATGW.

• Leopard 2RI and PT-91M, if they community is okay with it as it made for these specific nations.

8 Likes

Like this vehicle??
From Batalyon Arhanud 15/DBY Starstreak MMS
Yonarhanud 1/PBC/1 Kostrad

I believe equalization is quite important if Gaijin want to further extend its tech tree when the ground reaches the end. in the recent news, Japan and Korea are improving their relationship pushed by US and sharing a common enemy in east Asian, so it is kind of reasonable to give an alliance tree like that.

1 Like

What about the 4 other “logical” option?

They provide Japan with enough CAS and Ground vehicles (somewhat in the Air category) yet you still want Korea which has no connection to Japan, even if they have an common enemy it still isn’t a legit reason for a fictional alliance.

5 Likes

The fact that both Israel and Saudi Arabia are hostile to Iran is not a good basis to lump them together as one faction. Same as 2 countries in East Asia.

6 Likes

Perhaps Japan and South Korea can form an alliance to deal with China, but I think this is just an “enemy of the enemy”, far from a true allies.

In my opinion, there are many more feasible ways than this.

1. South Korea enters the United States, while North Korea enters China. The advantage is that South Korea can implement it separately first, as the North Korean vehicle clearly lacks data and can avoid a large amount of C&P.
  2. Unify Korea. The advantage is that it respects the unity will of South Korea and North Korea, while the disadvantage is that North Korea lacks information on its vehicles and has a large amount of C&P, especially the Air Tree.
4 Likes

No problem, gaijin will send its spies to NK, to gather all the needed information ( I’m joking, or not ).

6 Likes

True South Korean and Japanese ties are improving [even though quite honestly both countries government really want nothing to do with each other. Really looks like the US just wants to force them both together. Dokdo/Takeshima must be really heated. As a Japanese (I’m guessing) you know this] but still no where in my opinion from what I can see can justify this happening without huge backlash (if done it’ll be bigger then the time all ROC vehicles from the coldwar changed to the PROC flag then changed back by gaijin). The South Korean community seem to really be against anything to do with Japan and South Korea together.

This can be because the Japanese South Korean economic war has just ended (so some dismay in that department) due to the outbreak of the “Special Military Operation” but South Koreans still have mentioned many times. A techtree with Japan even if both countries are Equal. They want nothing to do with Japan whatsoever and would rather like a Unified Korean Techtree. This view is from what I can see. No biases. Unless you whish to bring in South East Asia then maybe except for Thailand I will be arguing tooth and nail for why the reasons are historically and politically idiotic.

But I also understand how the Japanese techtree is a suffer because… By my pfp I think you can tell I do play Japan

I think nation selection menu can be reworked this way (as an example with nations which are represented currently in a form of subtrees)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/714838496728186913/1127561454103564348/image.png

7 Likes

I supprt more Indonesian stuff too! They are getting their own version of the F15 now, F15-ID I think.

2 Likes

Should have made redforce / blueforce asia system where you can make a composite lineup based on their affiliation and share RP. Something similar would help with the east german units as well, they’re a pain in SB.

South Korea and Japan have no similarity in military equipment, no military alliance

4 Likes