Hit Box Issues

I get shot by an M48 through a wooden shelf near the A cap on Holland, and i shoot back at him just for my entire shell to be eaten, this could be due to the fuse but I deem it highly unlikely. My shell weighs 15kg and goes at well over Mach and isn’t a chemical round cant even ‘‘penetrate’’ through a whole shelf in the Mall on Holland. And for this to be a volumetric issue just doesn’t seem to be the case as i the object is destructible so i dont think this applies. This is quite frankly stupid to say the least, I’m very frustrated and i can imagine a lot of the community is too, we have stupid hitboxes on a map that is ‘‘new’’ yet we all know its a copy of the map Eastern Europe or whatever its called. You advertise it as new and its been out for a couple months yet couldn’t even bother checking the hitboxes before release, and I know this isn’t the only occasion of that on Holland, a couple months back you guys had a whole invisible wall there that screwed so many people up but your too lazy to fix it until someone reports it. Get people checking for bugs, we have a dev server so people can report them but people also wanna enjoy the game we are not your shadow employees here, we are paying (at least most of us) for your premium centric gameplay and progression mechanics just to not have fun in matches because of hitboxes over and over again. Now here’s for the ''just make a dev report ‘’, the other day i read on the update blog after logging on that there was a bush fixed on Carpathians for respawning, if i could count how many bushes on every single map that has bushes that does that i would be able to buy your entire premium catalogue (watch you ask me to do that so someone can donate so i could spend on you, oh how happy you guys would be anyway…) it took for someone to report a hitbox issue or whatever you want to call it for it to be patched, yet that issue is still present in quite literally every map. Why is it now our job to do this, to report every issue and you guys sit back and do nothing by yourself, surely you could have checked the hitboxes once or twice before releasing the map Holland despite it being quite literally a carbon copy. Players put hundreds or even thousands of hours into the game just to get ‘‘gaijined’’ over and over again, i myself being one of them. Yet you still promote me and others to report issues for the health of the game, there’s so many problems and people might not have time for this because this isn’t there jobs people have life’s outside of war thunder (ik surprising)people dont want to come on get gaijined and then spend some of there time bug reporting a tiny issue which ruined there day, its selfish on your behalf asking us players to play, report issues, and be customers of a every aging product that never fixes fundamental issues. Had you guys done a check of the bush model or how bushes work after the issue on Carpathians maybe you would save more time in the long run but no its the players job to report every single tiny issue to better the game, not the developers, no the players are doing that and your lucky we love the game so much, its so BS in some cases that this can happen, you advertise as a ‘‘realistic’’ game with ‘‘realistic damage models’’ but i can tell you a shell disappearing because of a god damn shelf is not realistic. Watch me get removed for attacking developers now for simply stating the facts that this game is completely unplayable some times because of the rage caused by repeated issues that WE the players have to fix or seek to fix. Let me say I’m not angry at devs I’m not attacking devs, I’m merely frustrated after time and time again having to see bugs being fixed from reports that could have been avoided if some competence was put in, after all its your game, you are milking it for money, players will eventually leave and you will say oh how could we revive it, you could have ages ago but frankly a lot of you dont care, most of the people doing the actual work like lower downs, who probably process these bug reports dont care about the game and more the employment which is fine, but it doesn’t work, its both these employees and the players trying to better the game by either A doing there job or B wanting to actually enjoy a game where i dont have to think every time i shoot whether any of the small objects will F my shell. And for those who say I should be better or whatever you are telling me you never have had those issues because me and many of the people i play and have played with face them every single session they play its quite frankly unacceptable, to be trying to play and get deleted because of a dev issues, you dont see it in major games like fortnite, CS2, Valorant, like you see it in war thunder. I shouldn’t be having to spend a whole hour reporting an issue when im trying to enjoy the time i have. simple ending, FIX YOUR GAME its not the players job to fix his the game he plays its his job to play and only play

2 Likes

Ain’t none reading allat, just for it to be a rage post to be honest, not even moderators or whoever is “in charge”

1 Like

what you on about

Sum it up

1 Like

devs not fine tuning hitboxes before release of a copy map (holland) and asking us players to do ALL the dev reporting and they press us players to do it, im here to play not sit reporting to have a good gameplay experience im sure u can relate

2 Likes

Realest post ever ngl. Every time i’m about to shoot i’m like “is the hit boxes gonna f me up or not ?”, and what is fun is that even with that type of mindset sometimes i still get hit boxed even tho i replaced myself to avoid that. And this is actually a big prblm that abviously is too for a lot of players. Gaijin do your job, do not expect players to do it for you. Fix you’r game

2 Likes