High Tier - Top Tier SPAA Mega List

Excellent post addressing all ten tech trees.

1 Like

Huge fan of this idea. Fully on board! A wonderfully written idea too (lol).

But this is an excellent post. Applies to all nations with things that are, for the most part, somewhat relevant.

More Poland bits
Hibneryt (low tier but for reference)

Star 266 truck with ZU-23 cannon, ~5.0

Hibneryt-P (low-ish tier but for reference)
Star 266 with add-on bulletproof armour, ZUR-23S cannon with thermals, electro-optical tracking, and Polish-made APDS, ~7.3

Hibneryt-3-KG
Jelcz 442.32 with ZUR-23KG cannon, essentially ZUR-23S with a pair of Grom/Piorun launchers and LWS, ~9.7

PZA Loara-A
PT-91 chassis with Gepard-like turret with twin Oerlikon KDA 35mms, also has thermals, AHEAD, FAPDS, APFSDS, and LRF, ~9.0-9.3

ZSU-23-4MP Biała
Upgraded ZSU-23-4 with thermals, IRST, APDS, and quad launcher for Grom/Piorun, ~10.3

9K33M3 Osa-AKM-1P Żądło

Polish upgrade of the 9K33 with IRST, also better missiles compared to the M2, ~11.7

Mała Narew

Polish anti-air with CAMM, an ARH variant of the ASRAAM, ~12.3

Soviet stuff Poland used
ZSU-23-4
Strela-10M
Strela-1M

BRDM-2 armoured car with Strela missiles, ~10.0 (less ammo than 10M)

9K33M2 Osa-AK
Soviet SPAA with early version of the Tor’s missiles, ~11.0

2 Likes

Biała

Osa

Żądło

Mała Narew

Yes, 4 more inside.

1 Like

Update #2

Added:

• Type 625E
  • 9M337 Sosna-R
  • Tor-M2DT
  • Supacat ASRAAM
  • TRIDON Mk.2
  • K31 Cheonma

Update #3

Added:

• Antelope
  • ZSU-23-4MP Biała
  • 9K33M3 Osa-AKM-1P “Żądło”
  • Mala NAREW
  • RAPIDRanger
  • Shorland S53
2 Likes

Supacat should be added to Misc section.

Update #4

Added:

Pictures
SA2 76mm
Fennek SWP

This is best/most important tread on this whole forum, everyone else go home!

Why you put Dutch SAM into French part, but Antelope from republic of China which is still in China TT in other part?

just a heads up the S.53 could also take the Starburst Missile, which is just a further improved Javelin.

In fact i’m fairly certain this image shows the S.53 with Starburst

1 Like

Have found finding that out, the difference of launch system is
Starburst
image image

Javelin

For the single one. For the LML? There is none.

1 Like

Hey, author of the Hisar post here, I was curious as to why Turkey is a sub tree to U.S?

Hungarian 9K31 and 9K35 Strelas

(Suggestions WIP :3)

4 Likes

If a Nation already has a tank in a Tech Tree, I try to respect that…

M60 AMBT is in USA, so I put Hisar in USA. Understandably Turkey hasn’t been confirmed by Gaijin to solely go to one nation. So if things change in the future I will update and move entries around.

Such as Zyszhao pointed out, I need to update this post with Taiwan as part of Chinese TT.

Edit Note; It also depends on the amount of entries a country has. When I go to add more Turkish systems, and it starts making USA too long, I will move Turkey to Misc. Similarly by that logic, Poland should be apart of Germany, buts its not. So I have Poland as its own standalone entry.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Ohly if HISAR is American tho.
M60 is American which is why it went to USA, however I doubt new Turkish vehicles would.

But italy also has the T-129 a turkish helicopter in italy… I understand where you’re coming from but if turkey is gonna be added i’d rather see it as a stand alone tree with the only issue being turkish airforce being too small to be added… But hey, great suggestion o7

I didn’t know about a Turkish T-129 being in Italy.

I will be moving Turkey to misc next time I update the list.

2 Likes

All’s fine man :) Great post nonetheless

I mean, the F-104S that has “Turkish Air Force” in the name would also be hard to miss I think?

But anyway, this is a nice list. Is there any reason why some pictures you chose aren’t the ones used by those countries? (Like for the Fennek SWP for example you use a picture of the new KNDS promotional test vehicle for the Dutch (French TT) one, not that they are that different in look, but the Dutch one does carry some details which differ from the ‘german’ KNDS test vehicle. (namely some extra hooks to attach equipment and some Dutch additions that allow more antenna’s and Dutch communication equipment)

I know it’s a minor thing and that I haven’t really wrote about it in my post, but just FYI, they are different. (then again, most WT players will still shout COPYPASTE anyway)

I just re-read my post and I’m not trying to be mean! I completely understand that this list is meant to be an attention-bringer to all these AA systems and their suggestions.

1 Like